• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Spring Order Sidewinders

Yamaha & cat must have cut back production by a bunch. Maybe they want the sleds completed early next year because new sled chassis is coming for 24 ??
I will be very shocked if that is the case , as that defies the rules of Business 101 !
Don't stifle today for what might not happen tomorrow !

I will be very shocked if that is the case , as that defies the rules of Business 101 !
Don't stifle today for what might not happen tomorrow !

The last thing a manufacturer wants is pushback from the dealer network for new product because they have inventory of the existing product, the only fix for that problem is incentives, by the time you get to that point you are throwing bandaids at the whole dealer network and as yamaha found out, excess inventory isn't a good thing. When you consider the limited manufacturing capacity, supply chain shortages, etc it makes far more sense to put your eggs in the new product basket which means not manufacturing any more existing product than your dealer network can handle. The question of whether or not it will happen is only valid in the eyes of the consumer, the manufacturer will have already made a decision to move ahead (or not), it takes years to bring a new product to market and its highly likely the commitment (if real) is too far along to do anything but forge ahead. More than anything what both Yamaha and Cat need right now is marketing.

Yamaha & cat must have cut back production by a bunch. Maybe they want the sleds completed early next year because new sled chassis is coming for 24 ??
Yamaha got a lot of complaints/heat/trouble from dealers so I think this year Yamaha really wants to make sure dealers have sleds to sell. Its all about money. I bet some dealers thought about giving up the brand all together (can't sell Fall motorcycles, and my dealer manager was pissed this past winter).

IMO if your on a wait list you'll get your sled unless Covid hits again, and if there are any real changes for 2024 (chassis, gearbox , gauges) I'll just sell the stock 3 year warranty sled for basiically what I paid for it ... did it once already for EPS.

The last thing a manufacturer wants is pushback from the dealer network for new product because they have inventory of the existing product, the only fix for that problem is incentives, by the time you get to that point you are throwing bandaids at the whole dealer network and as yamaha found out, excess inventory isn't a good thing. When you consider the limited manufacturing capacity, supply chain shortages, etc it makes far more sense to put your eggs in the new product basket which means not manufacturing any more existing product than your dealer network can handle. The question of whether or not it will happen is only valid in the eyes of the consumer, the manufacturer will have already made a decision to move ahead (or not), it takes years to bring a new product to market and its highly likely the commitment (if real) is too far along to do anything but forge ahead. More than anything what both Yamaha and Cat need right now is marketing.
The current situation is far from worrying about leftovers .
On the first day of spring surge they are basically sold out !!!
They are putting some dealers out of business by not having product to sell on time .

They are putting some dealers out of business by not having product to sell on time .
..... sell on time So........ limit spring surge to ensure dealers have sleds to sell

Last edited:
Oh! my dealer called and said he can't confirm my 2022 order in the system even though I have a confirmation email and number from Yamaha.
He also said 14 model sleds sold out. Wow!!

Oh! my dealer called and said he can't confirm my 2022 order in the system even though I have a confirmation email and number from Yamaha.
He also said 14 model sleds sold out. Wow!!
Did they take your deposit?

The current situation is far from worrying about leftovers .
On the first day of spring surge they are basically sold out !!!

Polaris basically said the same thing, I live up the road from a Polaris dealer and I have seen one sled (used) sitting in their showroom.
I think they are dealing with the reality of how many they can actually build, its not a choice for them, its only managing the situation they find themselves in. Taking business off the street (as it is known) is not a solution to the fact that they may not have any parts to build with to begin with. In normal times I would agree with you, but these are not normal times. In my business lead times on some components (servers) just went from 8-12 weeks to 12-16 weeks and quantities are limited. I need several thousand servers and got told I can only have several hundred. Do I keep taking orders knowing I cannot fulfill. Nope.

Last edited:
I was told that non delivered customers would have first crack at 2023's but I guess another fail by Yamaha

I was told that non delivered customers would have first crack at 2023's but I guess another fail by Yamaha

I don't think its an automatic conclusion as Yamaha now has two lists of people to build for and they were fully aware of the '22 commitments and claim that is one of the reasons for the limited number of '23s, all have to be built on the same lines.

Back