• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Spring Order Sidewinders

Similar story from my dealer, i.e., he cannot get an update on how the reservations/orders are being processed. This was as of yesterday afternoon.
So now it has been 9 days , and no word !
After being advised they would be back in touch within 48 hours !
I expected , as someone who had both my 22 spring sled orders cancelled , to get some kind of consideration/restitution/preference with respect to ordering a 23 sled .
But apparently not /yet !

So now it has been 9 days , and no word !
After being advised they would be back in touch within 48 hours !
I expected , as someone who had both my 22 spring sled orders cancelled , to get some kind of consideration/restitution/preference with respect to ordering a 23 sled .
But apparently not /yet !
Exactly. Don't really understand how hard it is to keep a list of people that had their orders cancelled, and make sure they are prioritized for the new orders. They have all our info. Would take about 30 seconds to do that match.

But sell out of a model in less than an hour ? was not a great plan for return customers like myself and now I am left out of 2023 for a SRX and no sleds on showroom floors to purchase other than entry level kids sleds from Yamaha.

It wasn't a plan, it was a reaction to reality. They didn't 'plan' to not have inventory at near zero, they can only do so much. On the plus side, they are hinting that part of what is the plan is new product introductions for next year.

Last edited:
I have 2 friends that received Skidoos this past year and 1 friend who just ordered a new Polaris. Both manufactures, you went through your dealer and they were allotted X amount of sleds. When they were spoken for, that was it. Yamaha does not use their dealers anymore and you have to do it online without any confirmation.
Last year I ordered my SRX March 10 through the dealer and then I had Nicole contact me and ask me to call her back in July. I called her 6 times as my phone has a record of it. Could not leave a message because the box was full. My dealer called me September and asked if I had verified my sled. I said no because I did not know anything about it. So I called Nicole again 4 more times and finally got in touch with her. They had my email also but choose to use this mickey mouse system from a cell phone from a remote area.
They did this because Yamaha didn't trust their dealers. I had some intense conversations this past December and January with Yamaha Canada. At one point I asked to speak with there CEO. Long story short I finally received my sled on January 8.

Makes you wonder if Jarett is running the company now after the President retired? I hope not.
I have purchased 9 new Yamaha snowmobile over the years
Your story just confirms what I stated in a earlier post how Yamaha is giving very little attention to the day to day operations in this current snowmobile industry…. 10 phone calls is ridiculous…. Lets hope this is temporary resulting from moving things to Canada or they will lose alot more loyal customers…. Always try to give people benefit of doubt but in this case it may not be warranted…

Yamaha really is missing the boat, especially when it comes to not giving preferential treatment to people who spring ordered a 2022 that Yamaha was unable to honor their end of the bargain.

Unfortunately supply chain issues persist. It would be interesting to see numbers as to how many sleds Yamaha has produced annually during the last few years. I'd expect this would show that a considerable decline year to year in total sales, and an even more considerable increase in spring orders.

Supply and demand is the driving force and I suspect supply continues to dwindle while demand continues to spike. This translates to pricing and reduced competition between manufacturers - they all are in situations where they can sell more than they can make.

After several years of riding Ski-doo sleds I made the switch to Yamaha in 2018. At the time I was tired of BRP not acknowledging the need for a more modern and powerful 4-stroke offering from their 1200 and pushing performance minded consumers towards 2-strokes. At the time I wanted a turbo 1200, but would have gladly settled for the 150hp 900 Turbo they released a year or two later. The 180hp 900R they released last year is an improvement on both.

I bought my 2017 LTX-SE in December 2018 and saved a few thousand over MSRP ($16k + tax Canadian). It was still a very expensive snowmobile at the time, I'd have preferred an LE but the cost savings in buying a leftover was hard to pass up. Since that time I've been relatively happy with the sled, the chassis-suspension was comparable to my 2011 1200 Renegade X (pre rMotion) - front suspension slightly better and rear suspension slightly worse - despite being 6 years newer. All the little fit and finish and ergo items are not even comparable - the gauges/luggage/controls on the Yamacat are archaic compared to the Doo or the Pool. However, the 998T engine is fantastic in stock form and amazing with a tune in it. I absolutely love this engine and it still the best on the snow in my opinion. It is disappointing that there isn't a modern chassis to go with it, the Pro-cross chassis was competitive in 2012 when it was launched - 11+ years later it is well overdue for replacement. Poo/Doo have released 2-3 significantly improved chassis each over that same time period. It is even more frustrating that known issues that would be relatively inexpensive for engineers to correct (eg. drive cog size to actually fit the bearing, upper chaincase gear bushing) have still not been addressed.

I am not an impulse buyer. I like to take a bit of time to do some research and thinking before making a major purchase. I had around 10,000 miles on my winder last season and was ready to upgrade. I went to my dealer in the first week after the 2022s were announced and was looking at a 2022 XTX LE. It was $21K plus tax and there was basically no movement on price or accessories/track swap. (Supply/demand). Lot of folks including my mechanic asked why I'd spend north of $10K to buy basically the same sled with new graphics. I didn't put money down that day and called back a week or two later at that point they already were unsure if they'd be able to fill the orders they had. This dealer would normally sell over 100 units per year, but they couldn't order or sell more as they simply could not get them. That is bad for consumers and dealers.

I patiently waited for Yamaha to release their new sleds this year, but they strategically waited until well after Poo and Doo had released theirs. Yamaha's 2023 offerings are essentially unchanged from 2022 (which means essentially the same Winder as 2017). The same XTX-LE is now 24k plus tax - they did add the iQS (which I'd probably pass on if I could) again that is supply and demand talking. Very expensive - but if I won't pay it someone will. But within a few hours of them being released - they are all "reserved" at full MSRP + tax and fees (including some new ones).

I will really miss the tuned 998T. But at this point I'm close to giving up on Yamaha ever releasing a new chassis, modernizing their packages or even fixing known BS engineering issues. Heck, I'm not even sure they'll give most of us a chance to even buy one anymore. I thought the Patriot-Boost and 900R options from the competition were expensive, but I'll be going in one of those directions soon as nothing changes with Yamaha. Both Poo/Doo also offer a much more customized Spring/order with selectable options (track, skis, tech etc..) whereas Yamaha sells it one-way - buy it and swap out parts strictly at your own expense.

It wasn't a plan, it was a reaction to reality. They didn't 'plan' to not have inventory at near zero, they can only do so much. On the plus side, they are hinting that part of what is the plan is new product introductions for next year.
What's the hint?

Bit of a marketing trick as far as I can tell. They said 48 "Business" hours in the email so at 9 days in they are likely working less than 5 hours a day...

So being where it is now they are making it up as they go.... IMO

Have there been any Canadians that have had their 23 spring order confirmed yet , and if so what time did tou get an email from Yamaha confirming your initial request ?

Have there been any Canadians that have had their 23 spring order confirmed yet , and if so what time did tou get an email from Yamaha confirming your initial request ?
I ordered 2 got initial email but no second email to confirm and they haven't taken my deposit yet WTF bullshit is this Ive never seen marketing like this its ridiculous.

I ordered 2 got initial email but no second email to confirm and they haven't taken my deposit yet WTF bullshit is this Ive never seen marketing like this its ridiculous.
Same, still crickets.

The snowmobile landscape has evolved and has entered a phase no one is familiar with or so it seems…. The more we learn about this, the more we realize we don’t know… When did a customer become nothing more than a order number, time stamp on a computer screen or printer with no confirmation? I never knew the road to success can be accomplished with dissatisfaction of your customers.. Maybe a little more personal communication would go along way Yamaha…

This kind of "stuff" is common in todays world. Profits profits profits. It seems even more common with this pre ordering/MSRP prices/high demand... Why do they have to care about the customer when they have a hundred others on a list to buy the "limited build/outrageous priced sleds?? Even if the list dwindles to zero the dealer will take any left over crumbs and have 10 guys lined up for it willing to get screwed on price.. I have said before and will say it again.. This way of doing business is very bad for the health of this sport.. Careful YamaCat

Back