• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Spring Power Surge

What. A. Day.

Thank you to our customers who have placed their deposits! As most of you know almost all Sidewinders are sold out along with other models. We still have a few models to choose from so if you have any questions feel free to give me a call.
Your customers were screwed who are you thanking no customers in northeast were able to get a sled , no dealers in a 200 mile radius made a sale , call me there must be a mistake 609-577-5040

Thank you, there sure was a lot of excitement trying to get everyone in line.

Although we are very small, this years Spring Power Surge numbers are up significantly for us.
So it doesn't sound like you had an allocation , as others have suggested ?
And although Yamaha said there would be limited availability , that doesn't necessarily mean there will be less sleds sold this year than even last year , it just means the total number will be limited .
If there was less sleds available ,then DSS would not likely have numbers that are up significantly .
I believe , based on the results of other motorsport sales in the past year , they are expecting a sizeable increase in sales , that probably will exceed their allotment from AC , and will need to be limited .
We may never know the real answer !
A lot of speculation.

Your customers were screwed who are you thanking no customers in northeast were able to get a sled , no dealers in a 200 mile radius made a sale , call me there must be a mistake 609-577-5040

A bold accusation… All I can tell you is our customers all received confirmation emails with a specific order number. No games, no smoke and mirrors.

At this point, we have no way to SPS anymore 4-stroke 2023 Yamahas. We definitely don’t have any pull at Yamaha. Just customers that were well informed about the process and were at the right place at the right time.

So it doesn't sound like you had an allocation , as others have suggested ?
And although Yamaha said there would be limited availability , that doesn't necessarily mean there will be less sleds sold this year than even last year , it just means the total number will be limited .
If there was less sleds available ,then DSS would not likely have numbers that are up significantly .
I believe , based on the results of other motorsport sales in the past year , they are expecting a sizeable increase in sales , that probably will exceed their allotment from AC , and will need to be limited .
We may never know the real answer !
A lot of speculation.

No allocation, SPS is first this year and any possible in season availability won’t be known until after April 5th. I have my doubts that we will see anything come in the dealership that’s not an SPS unit. But nobody knows yet.

I guess I shouldn’t be so dramatic. It’s not hard do have a significant increase when your numbers are in the single digits.

If your going to make comments like on the site you won’t be here long.

I don’t know any successful purchases in north east either. I was out riding, looked at them at lunch, got back and me and few buddy’s were interested and they were gone. Polaris cut dealers down from 100-120 sold last year to 40-45 and most have 10-15 left. My old Yamaha dealer sold 25-35 every season on his own and now they sold out how many in minutes? Idk I’m just baffled by this insanity.

Not true I was able to get a L-TX LE

My Polaris dealer sold 30 boosts in 5 hrs
I assume the yami/cat would have been same because people want them. They just don’t offer many

It’s Joe Rogans fault!!
Lmao

otd deal (msrp only)
That's insane.. So they sell out in one day at MSRP? Anyone see a issue with this? I understand its great for the dealers and manufacture BUT wow is the customer taking it in the shorts at these prices.. I congratulate all that ordered and not trying to rain on anyone's parade at all!, But this is not a healthy way of doing business with customers and or trying to get others in the sport.. You have to be online at a certain time and pay MSRP? This is not healthy for snowmobiling now and down the road.. Most will say "its free market" "supply demand" .. All true but the big picture and health of this sport will be effected by this kind of practice IF IT CONTINUES.

Tesla and many other manufacturers are using this model. This is the price, you like it, you buy it. If not, see ya.
You don't haggle prices at the supermarket of Walmart.

Tesla and many other manufacturers are using this model. This is the price, you like it, you buy it. If not, see ya.
You don't haggle prices at the supermarket of Walmart.
I have no issue with that. Stihl products are like this.. That's communicated to the buyer though. Was not in this 2023 order year, and I would actually prefer a sled being sold this way and communicated up front by the manufacture.. Times are different and covid has supposedly effected everything. Starting to feel like people are being taken advantage of though.

Last edited:

Back