• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Spring Power Surge

Dealer in Rutland?
Yes. We stopped in there in February to look at helmets for my wife. They had a used 1200 Blizzard on the showroom floor and they wanted $14k for it. That sled didn't even cost that new.

Those are advertised prices. Maybe they knock a large chunk off that in the negotiations to make the buyer feel like they are getting a deal?

The fact that they have 25 sleds in stock leads me to believe they don't.

Yes. We stopped in there in February to look at helmets for my wife. They had a used 1200 Blizzard on the showroom floor and they wanted $14k for it. That sled didn't even cost that new.

Those are advertised prices. Maybe they knock a large chunk off that in the negotiations to make the buyer feel like they are getting a deal?

Wonder if the owner can look himself in the mirror every day?

As much as all of this sucks, it is tough times for the dealers. They aren't getting rich off of the new pricing. Some are going to be predatory for sure but most are just trying to make it through the last two years in one piece.

Demand is at an all time high, supply is at an all time low. For every guy that walks in wanting to make a deal, there are 5 more right behind him that are willing to pay full asking price, whatever that may turn out to be. The dealers seem to know this, and they seem to regret the situation but they have to survive as well. That just leaves personal relationships, goodwill, and loyalty as bargaining positions. Its not a good year to buy anything, it is, what it is.

There is no way in hell I’m paying MSRP for a new sled and most certainly won’t pay over. I’ll wait this ridiculous out and be back in the market when things go back to normal. Besides, why would anyone want to pay an inflated price for a sled that has barely been changed since they came out?
Unfortunately prices will never go back to they way they were, This is the way it is now. Things never get cheaper. This is the new world we live in. If ya want new toys your gonna have to pay! I never thought in my wildest dreams I’d pay $20 grand for a sled. But I did.

As much as all of this sucks, it is tough times for the dealers. They aren't getting rich off of the new pricing.
So true.
Say a dealer of any sort (sled, boat, Auto etc. ) sold 10 units at, say for sake of argument, $100 profit per unit . Now your inventory is severely depleted. You may have to sell 2 units at $500 profit per unit to make up for it.
Margins are not near what they where 10-15 years ago.
We used to stock @150-175 new units. We now have none. What comes off the truck is spoken for. Someone backs out and few phone calls later it is gone.
I am not advocating adding surcharges to MSRP, our dealer is NOT doing that. It is our managements belief that you screw people now it will come back to haunt you later. Believe it or not last summer we fielded calls from all over the country on some units we had. We had a couple from Alaska fly in and buy a new unit and drove it back. I shart you not.
The other hard part people don't think about is "if it doesn't go out the front door, it isn't coming through the back door" Meaning if sales suffers, then so does service and parts.
You can argue that by people keeping things longer the service should be busier but it is not the case for dealers. People who repair older vehicle, sleds etc tend to bring those to independent service stations or repair themselves.
The used market that is currently crazy WILL crash. Someone will holding the bag.
Smaller dealers, if they were not stable to start with, will suffer.
The smart, and honest ones I believe will flourish once thing correct themselves

As I said in another thread, my 2017 just went up $3000 more when I sell it! Resale values on used sleds will skyrocket also. I probably will be leaving the sport my family has loved since the 60’s due to the inflated costs and prices. It’s really sad…..

I'm probably just going to buy used from here on out. Great deals are out there if you can be patient, and have cash in hand.

We scored a 2019 900T Adrenaline on Tuesday with a bunch of accessories and 178 miles for a little over half of what I was quoted for a 2023 Adrenaline 900T spring order.

I didn’t buy my 17 from them because they wouldn’t come down $250. I live in New York and it’s a $30 ferry ride round trip to just bring my sled there. Called 3 more times trying to deal and his last thing he said to me was, “I guess you’ll have to drive the 3 hrs to your New York dealer to save that $250.” So……. I did!

I didn’t buy my 17 from them because they wouldn’t come down $250. I live in New York and it’s a $30 ferry ride round trip to just bring my sled there. Called 3 more times trying to deal and his last thing he said to me was, “I guess you’ll have to drive the 3 hrs to your New York dealer to save that $250.” So……. I did!
I never forget things like that from a dealer. That would cause me to hold a grudge against them until they either closed shop or went under different management.

I have had dealers that wouldn't meet my terms either but I didnt hold it against them.
They are in business to make money.
I agree. But it was in the way and tone of our conversations that was conveyed. Dealers can still make money by at least making a potential customer FEEL like they are giving you a deal. They definitely would have made it up in all the aftermarket stuff I would and could have bought from them. I’ll give them credit for one thing though. They seem to have a great fix for the driveshaft problem!

As I said in another thread, my 2017 just went up $3000 more when I sell it! Resale values on used sleds will skyrocket also. I probably will be leaving the sport my family has loved since the 60’s due to the inflated costs and prices. It’s really sad…..
Same for me, I bought a new 2018 sidewinder in April of 18. For 12,400.00 with 2 year warranty and 0 percent interest for 5 years. I added an extra 3 years for 300.00. If things do not change, I will be done when my sled becomes undependable. Hard to justify 20+ thousand for a couple of months a year. Over the years I have purchased many Yamaha sleds with the first being 1973 643b.

Back