• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

7800mi Service 16 Jackshaft upgrade and Driver/Shaft change 2017 Shaft/Bearing info

Can we make a sticky on the parts needed to switch over to a 16 shaft? Or w.e maybe the best upgrade possible? Plz and thank you.reading through all these pages to gather some info got my mind racing
If you make it I will put it on first page. But it is all there I believe.

Ok I just put my flame retardant suit on in preparation..... I opted to just replace the wobble bearing in my new to the wife 14 xtx with the FAG bearing and locking collar sytem as original. Nothing in case should any signs of wear, which is a miracle because previous owner had the chain so damn tight it must having been singing and probably was that way for all of its 7500 mile life. Million dollar question is does the bearing only go in one way, got it all together fine, in the middle of the night woke up in a cold sweat thinking that bearing must have a tapered bore???????? Everything went in fine, torqued it to 36ft-lbs, spacers and lock ring lined right up everything works smoothly. So if it needs to go in in a specific orientation i.e larger diameter of inner bore towards back case so locking collar can "pull" into it as you tighten nut I must have gotten it right?????? Thoughts?????. I know I know should have upgraded to 16 set up but was waiting for the jury to return on the 17 option as in my Winder.

Bearing are not tapered (2016 and up )your fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is this bushing i keep reading about on the top gear?

Great read. I am going to ride my 2016 1 more year and tear it down next summer.

Inside of top gear is a bushing, it wears and allows play on shaft, when new bushing has a grey coating, when wore appears bronze.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#6381k563/=1aqljm9

This bearing will need about 1/8”~1/16” cut off on the length should fit but might need a little sanding on the inside diameter once it’s pressed into the gear. I’ll let you guys know how it fits.

Ok I just put my flame retardant suit on in preparation..... I opted to just replace the wobble bearing in my new to the wife 14 xtx with the FAG bearing and locking collar sytem as original. Nothing in case should any signs of wear, which is a miracle because previous owner had the chain so damn tight it must having been singing and probably was that way for all of its 7500 mile life. Million dollar question is does the bearing only go in one way, got it all together fine, in the middle of the night woke up in a cold sweat thinking that bearing must have a tapered bore???????? Everything went in fine, torqued it to 36ft-lbs, spacers and lock ring lined right up everything works smoothly. So if it needs to go in in a specific orientation i.e larger diameter of inner bore towards back case so locking collar can "pull" into it as you tighten nut I must have gotten it right?????? Thoughts?????. I know I know should have upgraded to 16 set up but was waiting for the jury to return on the 17 option as in my Winder.
Just checked. There is no way the nut will go on if Tapered bearing is put in backward. You definitly have it right. Rest easy and go ride that thing. you deserve it!

Backward
DSC00900.JPG

Correct
DSC00901.JPG

Thanks man! Was pretty sure I had it right but second guess myself!!! Hopefully get her all put together this week and rip on weekend. Appreciate your help and follow your posts.

My 15 Viper RTX now has around 300 miles on the SKF 4206 bearing with the updated 2016 shaft. So far, so good. Nice clean fit and relatively cheap if you just buy the shaft, not the assembly with clutch side bearing and holder.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Have run the 4206 now for about 90miles now with 300hp. I have the chain on 1 turn out, it works really good and no bad grinding noise. A lot less sound from engine brake now in the chaincase, so far so good :)

cannondale did you run the 4206 bearing?

Back