• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

8CH Belt...

BryKlu

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Vector LTX GT
This may stir things up a bit. I ordered two 8DN belts and received 8CHs for my 2010 Vector LTX. I've been running it after adjusting the deflection and the sled is running awesome. I know it is a softer compound, so it slips less. It pulls noticeably harder. RPMs don't seem affected idling or WOT. I was reading that Yamaha used to advise adding weight to go from 8CH to 8DN in the 90s and the Vector's default belt is an 8DN. Other than reduced longevity, is there any harm in running this belt? Going to see how long these two last and go from there.

Well...after 11 hours on the sled yesterday with this belt...I will not be running another belt on this sled for a while. The power delivery seems smoother and it certainly pulls harder. The upper end of the speed range seems unaffected. Haven't had any extended WOT pulls, but saw 93 last night before running out of road. 105+ was easy with the 8DN on icy roads. Maybe my sled just likes this belt. I just can't stress how much better this belt feels. Heading to the Keweenaw this weekend!

Attachments

• 20200102_044034.jpg
    20200102_044034.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I've always believed that these sleds can benefit from a softer combound belt. I now run a Carlisle in mine which is way softer than the 8dn. It felt like I added a clutch kit when I changed to that belt!

Update...About 1000 miles on this belt with no signs of wear. I also reduced the secondary float to only 1mm. No burning smell making tight turn-arounds like with the 8DN. This belt is a rocket! Going to be awesome with an Ulmer kit next year

Back