• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Accessory plug in type on Viper

I know but other things to work on. If cord was longer I would have put it on bars. Pretty much threw this cord on and went riding. Worked fine all season.

image.jpg

Heres what i did.
I wanted the cord up on the bars so i Bought the skidoo heated shield wiring kit.
Drilled a hole in my plastic/rubber bar cover. Mounted the kit.
Then ran the wiring back direct to the battery with a 3 amp inline fuse.

I wanted the cord always powered/live, but you could easily just run it to the accessory wire ac/yamaha provides down by the chaincase.

I like to run the E- shield cord under the coats outer zipper so never catches on anything then Plug in to the cord at the base of the steering post or as the guys have shown on this new sled will be on the Rt side of the Gas tank area. Should work great will need to secure so when pulls off - it wlll as in the position I described you never see or feel the cord so you get off. and it pulls loose.

Mark

Here is the little clip I used to hold the cord. Little alcohol to clean area and stick it on it will not come off. These are a good idea to use on helmet also to avoid ripping plug out of shield on that end.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412829410.894341.jpg

Thanks for posting that Cannondale. I had never seen one of those. Not a bad idea!

Thanks for the info on this connection. I installed the RCA to this 2 prong connector cable and am all set to go with the RCA jack just sticking out under the right side panel under the bars. I'm wondering what load that connection can handle. I plan to run a heated shield, plus an I-phone to be used as a NAV plugged into the cig lighter connection via a USB adapter. Are these 2 circuits tied together, if so looking for amp load max for the circuit.

Thanks, Reb

View attachment 99020 Maybe this is it. Little black rectangle plug on bottom of pic. What do you do why the end you remove?

I extended the wire up to the left bars and hard mounted the rca. I have found that the hard mount where I can get to it with my left hand comes in handy. Many times we will take off and I forgot to plug in, or just want access while moving.

This one. Not sure what other end is like will let you know when it comes in. It definitely doesnt need much clearance for mounting and cap securely closes.

Attachments

• Pantera_PassSeat12V_S_2015.jpg
    Pantera_PassSeat12V_S_2015.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 272

Back