• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ADAPT Clutch Set Up

What's the mileage on yours with the ADAPT? I'm not sure I would put too much $$$ in an ADAPT. From what I have seen, them seem less reliable than the previous TEAM. Guys in Quebec with big miles are giving up on them: in 3500 miles, buttons changed twice and now the spider is cracked.
Am curious if other people are seeing issues with the ADAPT?

What's the mileage on yours with the ADAPT? I'm not sure I would put too much $$$ in an ADAPT. From what I have seen, them seem less reliable than the previous TEAM. Guys in Quebec with big miles are giving up on them: in 3500 miles, buttons changed twice and now the spider is cracked.
Could be but havent read anything like that on any of the facebook groups or other forums. Seen a few cracked covers and a guy that lost the idler bearing but nothing else. No issues on snowest either and those guys usually have premature wear and failures from all the heat riding the steep and deep. Time will tell for sure but clutch is completely servicable with no special tools so not really a big deal to service if need be. I usually put fairly close to that mileage annually but off to a late start this year so will see at end of season how it looks.

I had to put buttons in my clutch with just a few hundred miles... I'm going to say that was my fault riding double in loose snow/slush at 130mph. Like Justinator said, it's a simple job to replace buttons/rollers/spider on these clutches. We'll see how it lasts this winter. I also have a Bikeman billet cover coming for it. Hopefully it works well for the season

My dealer has seen zero issues with the clutch but it is too soon to know if it will live long in a boosted sled. The old clutch had its issues for sure. My take is that it is probably designed to live at a 210 -220 hp level. I think if you plan to run 240 and up, its time for a TAPP. Although the TAPP in not perfect, it can handle 300 hp with proper maintenance. I put one on my 1100 when I tuned it for 300 hp and had no issues trail riding lots of miles and long pulls on the lake. Right now, my Tcat is bone stock and will be for the season as I break it in and watch what the clutch vendors offer for tuned Tcat clutch set ups. If I boost it, I will probably use the TAPP. The jury is out. We will see how the ADAPT does.

900 miles on the T-cat right now. Around 200 miles of the 900 miles are on a 225hp tune. It’s flashed to 270hp now with zero miles on that flash until there’s snow.

I suspect the 69’s will be heavy for the 240 tune but have no testing to confirm. TurboR has 65’s and description says for 240 tune and 69’s for 270 and up. I believe precision sells the 65’s for their tunes. Thats just speculation going off vendor descriptions and that will vary with belt used and primary spring of course. Adapt runs alot less weight than the team clutch did due to weight location being further from center and the full progressive helix vs compound cut that they used on teams.
I went to the Precision EFI website and noticed they have listed QA3-65's as the recommended weights for the 2022 T-cat 9000 but they sent me the QA3-69's. I just emailed them to clarify what I was suppose to receive to what they actually sent me. I think running the 270 tune with PM, I should be able to run the bare 69g weights to start with nothing added and go from there ??
I definitely need snow before I can do anything. THINK SNOW ❄️

I went to the Precision EFI website and noticed they have listed QA3-65's as the recommended weights for the 2022 T-cat 9000 but they sent me the QA3-69's. I just emailed them to clarify what I was suppose to receive to what they actually sent me. I think running the 270 tune with PM, I should be able to run the bare 69g weights to start with nothing added and go from there ??
I definitely need snow before I can do anything. THINK SNOW ❄️
For the 270.... 69g is a good starting point to dial in the rpm.

Np.... Also keep in mind that the make of a drive belt also contributes to final RPM level... The XS belts tend to decrease RPM on average by 200 for example, so keep that in mind when adjusting fly weights.
Cheers
Yes Sir Perfect.. I commented back on page 1 that I had read that the X829 belt can drop the RPMs’ 150-200 so you just confirmed it.

Starting to get a few miles on and get a feel for the adapt clutches. I have an idea with a route im going to take for clutch tuning. The stock setup is “soft” for the riot, might be ok on tcat as I have no experience with that model. Pulls really really good on the extreme hardpack and plowed rd but not impressed with the setup on softer snow. We had a recent large storm (20+”) and after a week of traffic and grooming trails are setting up but a bit loose. Factory adapt helix is on the steep side IMO for this model. Recently installed billet cover for primary from ssi……well made piece and significantly steonger than the factory cover.
EA713B80-69C3-4DD0-9BAA-CCBA5CBE0347.jpeg

Starting to get a few miles on and get a feel for the adapt clutches. I have an idea with a route im going to take for clutch tuning. The stock setup is “soft” for the riot, might be ok on tcat as I have no experience with that model. Pulls really really good on the extreme hardpack and plowed rd but not impressed with the setup on softer snow. We had a recent large storm (20+”) and after a week of traffic and grooming trails are setting up but a bit loose. Factory adapt helix is on the steep side IMO for this model. Recently installed billet cover for primary from ssi……well made piece and significantly steonger than the factory cover.
View attachment 170911
Is it a good clutch overall?

I just installed the Bikeman cover to replace the cover I broke last winter. I thought I'd give it a try as they say it reduces clutch temps 40-50 degrees. I don't necessarily believe much of what I read on there, but figured it was worth a shot!

Attachments

• Primary.jpg
    Primary.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 83
I just installed the Bikeman cover to replace the cover I broke last winter. I thought I'd give it a try as they say it reduces clutch temps 40-50 degrees. I don't necessarily believe much of what I read on there, but figured it was worth a shot!
Nice looking cover! Anxious to see if these new covers eliminate the issues some where having with stock cover.

Is it a good clutch overall?
Not nearly enough miles to make a confident call on that and still running at stock power levels. Its well made, looks strong and easy to service. Its quiet and shifts out more than Ive ever seen a stock primary do. Pushes the belt wayyyyyy up top, wish I would of took a pic when I mocked it up. All in all it looks promising but Ill update when I get some miles racked on.

Back