• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ADAPT Clutch Set Up

Not arguing what you’ve seen
The same spacers worked for thousands of miles on a team primary
The weight should always be checked for how it fits in the basket and clearances and obviously that it isn’t short enough to to have the tip go over center and lock clutch open
Flat profile I have found to et better
That’s not what everyone looks for but that’s what we’ve had great luck with

From the failures I have seen posted on the net, fly weights were retro fitted to sit in the saddle on the movable sheave... I have also seen the spacers used worn and burred over.... The other thing they are also to short and bind when the weight tip goes over center on the roller and then it's a chain reaction of energy not retracting evenly causing excess torque onto the towers and causing them to deflect and fracture the cover... My opinion...
I don’t think I’m shifting out far enough to worry about the weights being too short on the 2023. When my 21 broke the cover, it was right after a 144 mph pass so that might have been the case

I don’t think I’m shifting out far enough to worry about the weights being too short on the 2023. When my 21 broke the cover, it was right after a 144 mph pass so that might have been the case
Sharpie mark the weight and make a run, examine the witness mark to see how far the shift went.
Also, are you using the OEM thrust washers with your weights?

Sharpie mark the weight and make a run, examine the witness mark to see how far the shift went.
Yup, everything is factory except the daltons

Not arguing what you’ve seen
The same spacers worked for thousands of miles on a team primary
The weight should always be checked for how it fits in the basket and clearances and obviously that it isn’t short enough to to have the tip go over center and lock clutch open
Flat profile I have found to et better
That’s not what everyone looks for but that’s what we’ve had great luck with
The weights sit differently on a Team vs ADAPT they are slightly recessed back....but if it works without issue then it works....

I like that about this clutch
We are running about 10 less grams an arm. I liked the team’s performance it just don’t last. I like this clutch better and hope it last
Also less rotating mass as a whole

I am interested in thunder products recommendations on this topic
I can say I haven’t used their products but would

I like that about this clutch
We are running about 10 less grams an arm. I liked the team’s performance it just don’t last. I like this clutch better and hope it last
Also less rotating mass as a whole

I am interested in thunder products recommendations on this topic
I can say I haven’t used their products but would
And these are a quiet and somewhat compact unit, the annoying rattle isn't really existent in this clutch.

StingRay Mods makes a nice kit for these ADAPT that interests me.

Very similar profile to the 60ys
That kit looks nice
Not pushing stm here in any way but the tune ability is so wide a range that’s another plus

Hmmmmm....144mph?
On snow?
On a groomed trail?
While trail riding?

Do you ride in the County? Lol

Hmmmmm....144mph?
On snow?
On a groomed trail?
While trail riding?

Do you ride in the County? Lol
Yes
Yes
Yes

Yes, usually trying to chase down the king, aka fleecer

Yes
Yes
Yes

Yes, usually trying to chase down the king, aka fleecer
Baaaaaahahahaha....you really know how to make an old guy feel good..... I thank you for that!!

Last edited:

Just wanted to post a picture of the Dalton weight in the clutch with it in a fully shifted position. You can still see then end of the weight we beyond the roller

Attachments

• 818E0D60-0511-4202-AEF1-9C416D78380E.jpeg
    818E0D60-0511-4202-AEF1-9C416D78380E.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 682BD483-6467-4C39-B9D6-356E45BC8BBD.jpeg
    682BD483-6467-4C39-B9D6-356E45BC8BBD.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 105
Has anyone actually tested after market springs compressed heights with the new ADAPT clutch? I think the diameter and uncompressed height of springs for the old cat Team clutch are the same as the new ADAPT springs but I do not know what the compressed heights of the old springs in the new clutch is. Not sure they will work?

Trailleader mentioned that he’s using a stock team spring in the adapt clutch. I haven’t checked spring rates or heights myself.

Back