• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex starter and case shattered

full
full

I had a gear inside my engine break on my nytro with low milage on it like that.
Had to replace the complete engine.

I've never seen that happen and I've seen a lot of Apex over the years. There may be nothing wrong with the actual engine(rods), but I'm not sure there is an easy fix there. Take the right side engine cover off, and see what things look like in the flywheel area.
Is it possible it kicked back and instead of breaking teeth off, it shoved the starter up.....?

case 2.jpg

Found the issue under the starter lol. Time to part it out. Whats the whole sled worth with a crapped engine?

ouch. wish i could find a deal like that as i do have an engine looking for a home but with shipping it would kill any deal.

ouch. wish i could find a deal like that as i do have an engine looking for a home but with shipping it would kill any deal.
yeah and I'm not looking to spend $1,000 or more for a power plant. As much as I want to keep the sled and ride it I think I'm just going to part it out

yea that looks pretty bad. i dont see any oil anywhere . seems odd. i just got mine back together and love the sound and can hear the power when goosing throttle. sounds like a sport bike. this motor was used in a few fast street bikes (genesis motor) id say if it the sled is as mint as you say maybe look into a used motor. if you do part it out i am looking for some tuner skis if it has those(has dual keel and carbides). and possibly the lower shock in the skid

Back