• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex starter and case shattered

Probably worth more on a part out.
It depends. I am confused as to whether it’s actually the engine block that’s damaged or just the starter case. That’s more common and has been seen many times with stuck solenoid or even key stuck on. Takes out starter,one way and could even take out flywheel and stator locking motor up. I want to see a picture.

B2M1LF8Bn_N

Down sizing photos is in the frequently asked questions at the top of forum in site help.
Go check it out.

i can see 2 of them.

i think you should pull the motor as it might be easyer to see how much damage there is. might be lucky and flywheel might be jamed with stuff but i suspect more is wrong.

I pulled the cover for the starter. Still doing the same thing with the cover off

i can see 2 of them.

i think you should pull the motor as it might be easyer to see how much damage there is. might be lucky and flywheel might be jamed with stuff but i suspect more is wrong.
X2 thats alot of material to go into motor. I bet its everywhere so best is to pull motor and locate it all. That sucks

What would cause that to happen? A rod let go? Why would the case blow out like that

This is what I get when I click on the link for his pictures.
11830.jpeg

Back