• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARCS Front Suspension - Worth the cost?

The cats have a plastic tensioner wear block which has saved you from failures, it will compress/wear and not allow for the chain to be over tight for any length in time. The roller is unforgiving in the yamaha case and if too tight will create a lot of stress, ruining bushings and chains.

Is there any reason why we can't use the old chain tensioner on our Sidewinders?

No . Just need the parts and a way to seal the hole in the case.

Is there any reason why we can't use the old chain tensioner on our Sidewinders?
I wouldn’t use the auto junk tensioner from way back, I would use the zr9000 manual tensioner, it will still utilize the hole and tensioning bolt.
Actually I’m not going to run either of those, sticking with the yamaha roller properly set to 1.5 turns out and done.

Sealing hole is no issue.

Actually 3/8 npt tap it and run a hose up for easy filling of this POS.
Gotta remove the reverse actuator to fill the dam thing... BS I say!
What’s next? Fill your engine oil through the PCV valve?

Actually 3/8 npt tap it and run a hose up for easy filling of this POS.
Gotta remove the reverse actuator to fill the dam thing... BS I say!
What’s next? Fill your engine oil through the PCV valve?
Lol. Take it easy! Let’s get out fishing ? I got a 90 Yamaha vmax SHO that will ease your tension? Purrs like a kitten? Wait I mean like a Yamaha should

Last edited:
The cats have a plastic tensioner wear block which has saved you from failures, it will compress/wear and not allow for the chain to be over tight for any length in time. The roller is unforgiving in the yamaha case and if too tight will create a lot of stress, ruining bushings and chains.
X2

Back