• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt results 2016

Thanks guys!

Yes, I think I am going to try playing with the Viper again Friday night as there is a snowmobile asphalt race at Union Grove, Wis.

It will definitely be better.

Terry, are there any Union Grove events in August that you guys will be attending? I'd like to come up and watch you guys run and hang out again.

Maybe we can get MrSled, Viper Dave and everyone else to join in? That was a blast last year!

If there is a day where the ARS-TV crew and the Real Street Drags are the same day, I would be down for doing that again! Or if there is another event, I will let you know.

That was a blast last year

Terry, are there any Union Grove events in August that you guys will be attending? I'd like to come up and watch you guys run and hang out again.

Maybe we can get MrSled, Viper Dave and everyone else to join in? That was a blast last year!

I have not been following any of the RSD Race Times and so on.. I been to busy with my daughters graduation and my home project to race this year but if someone could post a date, I would drive down to watch and hang out. I just need a date to see if my calendar is open.

I have not been following any of the RSD Race Times and so on.. I been to busy with my daughters graduation and my home project to race this year but if someone could post a date, I would drive down to watch and hang out. I just need a date to see if my calendar is open.
Next one at WIR is July 8.

If there is a day where the ARS-TV crew and the Real Street Drags are the same day, I would be down for doing that again! Or if there is another event, I will let you know.

That was a blast last year
Next one at WIR is July 8.

You guys just post if something works out. As of right now, August-ish is open for me.

:Rockon:

Keep August 19th open..... ARSTV, RSD at the Grove and also my birthday. Our work has a floating holiday that day so I am open.

Keep August 19th open..... ARSTV, RSD at the Grove and also my birthday. Our work has a floating holiday that day so I am open.
That date is clear for me. :D

Last edited:
Saturday 6/24/16 - Wisconsin International Raceway

F'n HOT, muggy and headwind of 30+....not a great day for racing, but need to keep going to keep in the running for points.

I have the problem solved with the Viper now.....it was the TORS switch. Reaction times are so much better and the sled is reacting so much faster and runs better.

Won the reaction time contest during time runs which was awesome and both time run reactions were .026 and .040, but 1st round the traction came around really good and the big ol redlight came on..... reaction time -.012

The wind was crazy blustery and the sled was very hard to dial-in. Everybody did their best and because of redlights and breakouts, the underdog (new guy) at the track took home the win. Times were 11.47-11.66

Traction was not good as with the low car turnout, they didn't spend a lot of time spraying trackbite down. 60 foots sucked and spun a lot.

Anyway, I have moved into the #2 spot for points with my win last weekend. Hope I can hold onto that spot or move up one. This season goes till October so I have time left.

Good Morning!

There was a break in the schedule and no racing over the 4th....gave me some time to enjoy a weekend up north.

Friday night, 7-8-16
Ran my GSXR750 in the Top 10 bike class and lost my number 10 spot to a ZX10 Kawasaki. My bike being all stock ran an 11.42 to his 11.39. Difference was a foot at the stripe. Not bad for a stock 750 :)

Shagman did some more testing on his sled and realized even with machining on the secondary, he was still not getting full shift out as his mph was down. Think he found the problem. Will post his results later.

Pulled out the SRX to run against Shagman on a "callout". I fired up the sled, took it to the line and when Shag took off, I hit the throttle and the sled bobbled on itself.....fouled plug. Glad it was on Friday night and not Race Day Saturday. SRX still pulled a 9.89 pass with a fouled plug.

Saturday, got the sleds running and took our time runs. Pretty consistent so no changes. Ran the SRX and Shag ran his Viper OSP trail turbo. Shag went out 1st round but his teammate went on to with the bike/sled class for the night. I went 3 rounds getting knocked out by a very good racer who is moving up the ladder. With these points I moved into the #1 spot, 3 points ahead of 2nd place. Problem is there are 4 racers tied for 2nd place now, they are all gunning for me and Shagman and his teammate are 1 of them. Just need to hang onto that position for sometime, but there are 12 weekends to go for points so anything can happen. Pretty cool to have Yamaha in 1st and 2nd place positions.....even tho Shag is tied with other competitors.

SRX ran good and best time of the weekend was a 9.47 in the headwind of 15+mph.

Next race is this coming Saturday, July 16th. But the 23rd of July is the big special event that I am hoping to do good at :)

looks like you and Shagman are running good and having fun
I have only been out 3 times first time won bike/sled class second time got the buy first round but broke drive shaft luckly on start line
third time went 2 rounds then went to fast with a 5.86 on 5.92dial best time ever

looks like you and Shagman are running good and having fun
I have only been out 3 times first time won bike/sled class second time got the buy first round but broke drive shaft luckly on start line
third time went 2 rounds then went to fast with a 5.86 on 5.92dial best time ever

Awesome Dial-in!
Thankfully that broke on the line. I had one break in the pits between rounds. That would lock up that track instantly if going down the 1/4

Wisconsin International Raceway - July 16th

Warm, humid and of course....that fricken headwind I just can't stand at 25mph that keeps the flags standing straight out.

Best time of the day was an 11.27 @ 106mph on the Viper. Ran good and was consistent....but traction was poor with 0-60 times in the 1.500 second range.

In 1st place yet for points and Shagman got knocked out of 2nd place to 1 point behind in 3rd place. Very tight knit with points this year.

Since the change of my TORS switch, the sled has been really nailing the tree with some .00* reaction times.

Won the reaction time contest and went up to get my money....but did I really win with a .014 redlight in my time run? Everybody said I won and that it was all good, but the only way that could have happened is if everybody redlighted and I redlighted the least. I had the officials check the papers/times and found out there was a mistake. The real winner was a pro bike driver and I gave the money to him and he thanked me. He said "anyone could have walked away, but you didn't. That takes a true individual to be stand up and honest! We need more people in the world like you" :)

That was my good deed for the day :)

Proud of you man!!! Good job.

Back