• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt results 2016

Wish Tim (Shagman) and myself luck this weekend.... Big night of racing at Wisconsin International Raceway

Wish Tim (Shagman) and myself luck this weekend.... Big night of racing at Wisconsin International Raceway
You guys ride Yamaha's, you don't need luck, wish I the time to come out, go kick some butt!!

July 23rd, didn't know how this day was going to turn out.... Humidity 100%, middle 90's and sun baking down on us.

Got our time runs in and man were they slow. The air density gauge was almost pegged and really made things run horrible. My SRX that usually runs 9.30's was at 9.71 and a 9.75 with the slight headwind once again. Altitude at the track showed 3,100 ft. and the track is only 660 ft. above sea level so you can just imagine how bad the air was to make it feel like 3,100 ft. above sea level.

Races were called just after 1st round started because of rain....so good news is I am still in first place, but next couple weeks will be interesting as I won't be racing the 6th of August.

FB_IMG_1472657442590.jpg

This summer has had it's ups and downs... Missed a few races due to not going and taking care of family things....or having the event cancelled due to rain.

Last time I raced was at Stanton, Michigan at Mid Michigan Motorplex for the MSADRA shootout. Ran the SRX cause I knew that Shagman's sled and my sled would not be able to get cooled down enough between rounds with only 1 fan running.

My SRX was on a mission and did not fail me! Times were all 1/8th mile and let me tell you, 1/8th mile goes quick!

1st pass down the track with temps close to 90° was a 6.000 flat.
2nd pass was a 6.018
3rd pass was a 5.996

1st round I dialed a 6.02 to make sure I could run the other guy down. Won 1st round!

2nd round I kept the same dial and ran right on my dial-in! Won round 2!

3rd round was stickier than before and I had the sled cooled way down, plus I had my good ol' buddy Rob Forstall helping me out bringing the sled back from the end of the track and up to the staging lanes. Dialed a 6.01 and won round 3!

Round 4 I got paired up against Shagman and he ended up getting lane choice. Think that was bad, whoever won that round got a bye run into the finals! I posted a 6.02 and beat Shagman by .0080 seconds! Was a great race!!!

Bye run I ran a 6.023 and new it would have run just a tickle faster in the final round cause the temp was going down....

Final round, dialed a 6.01 and caught the guy as he backed off too early, but didn't think I was going to break out. I ran a 6.0099!!!! Arggggggghhhhhh! .0001 of a second breakout!!!!! And I let off! The SRX would have run a 5.98 something by my timeslips.

Came home with cash and a 4 1/2 foot trophy!

Thanks to MSADRA for putting on a great event!

Last edited:
Thanks bud!

I couldn't believe it when I saw my timeslip...

With that, a friend of mine at WIR cut a perfect reaction time on a street bike! .00000! Never have I seen this! I have had .0000 on both sides, negative and positive, but never all 5 zeros positive.

I think Shagman has a couple pics on his phone that he could post from that race.....

MSADRA and Amsnow Shootout 2016! What a great weekend and wow did that come and go quick!

Left Friday morning at 1:30am to drive to Martin, Michigan. Got there, met up with Tim (Shagman), Rob Forstall and a few others. Pit next to Rob and pulled out the SRX. I left the Viper at home because I wanted to give the ol girl a run once again. Thru the weekend , she ran really good numbers, but was not doing well in the burnout box or off of the start line because of a gargle or felt like it was loading up. Did my best and the results show for themselves.

First time run on Friday was a 9.500 with a -.043 on the tree as I wanted to see where the tree was according to the beams. Next time run was a 9.553 with a .024 light. Headwind got worse and upped my dial time to a 9.59

Round 1 was put up against a very good cat racer who was 2nd in points for the championship. I was on the tree with a reaction of .014 and ran a 9.64 on a 9.59 on the brakes. This run and the next runs were all won on reaction times.

Round 2, was racing the leader for the points championship on a Polaris. Again, dialed a 9.60 and with a reaction time of .0002 there was nothing he could run against me with as I backed off for the win :) He was very upset..... The .0002 reaction time won me another special trophy....a little bronze helmet !

Round 3, the guy who was now in 2nd place for the championship would tie if he won the next round.....with a reaction time of .008 there was no way he was going to win as I "duckcalled" right past him at the line. (That is what I call it now when I pass someone and brapp the throttle) :)

Round 4 was against Shagman and with the reaction times, I was always given lane choice. Once again, dialed a 9.59 and with a .002 against Shagman, the other racers were asking tech to check and see if I had a delay box.... took off the hood and ....NOPE! no delay box. The other racers were stunned and so was the announcer.

Round 5 was a run I will not forget! I dialed a 9.59, ran a 9.593 with a reaction of .001!!! My total race "package" was a .0052!!!! That was the difference between a perfect dial-in and E.T.

Round 6, Final Round! This was against a 1300 cat and my little 776 SRX. He dialed a 9.07 and I dialed my 9.59. He knew I was good on the tree all day, but my lucky horseshoe emptied out and I redlighted by .0036 to take the 2nd place position :)

Saturday started out awesome once again and was killing the light with double 00's and single 0's! Still a good headwind, but the ol girl SRX kept on truckin till I got pre-staged and staged to run against an Arctic Cat who was dialed-in with a 10.46 to my 9.50 and the lights weren't coming down. After 20 seconds, I looked over at the starting official and when I looked back, the tree was coming down so I lost that round 6 with a .136 reaction time to his .027 and I ran a 9.510 too....

Well, Saturday I got paid for being in the top 6 from what I hear out of 76 sleds I think in the class.

Sunday was cool and I still had issues with the sled performing so I changed plugs. It wasn't the plugs, but think I have a broken reed that is making it gargle off the line. Still ran a 9.48 as my fastest pass for the weekend.
20160926_164859.jpg
20160926_165133.jpg
20160926_165345.jpg
FB_IMG_1474898537250.jpg
FB_IMG_1474927613863.jpg

MSADRA and Amsnow Shootout 2016! What a great weekend and wow did that come and go quick!

Left Friday morning at 1:30am to drive to Martin, Michigan. Got there, met up with Tim (Shagman), Rob Forstall and a few others. Pit next to Rob and pulled out the SRX. I left the Viper at home because I wanted to give the ol girl a run once again. Thru the weekend , she ran really good numbers, but was not doing well in the burnout box or off of the start line because of a gargle or felt like it was loading up. Did my best and the results show for themselves.

First time run on Friday was a 9.500 with a -.043 on the tree as I wanted to see where the tree was according to the beams. Next time run was a 9.553 with a .024 light. Headwind got worse and upped my dial time to a 9.59

Round 1 was put up against a very good cat racer who was 2nd in points for the championship. I was on the tree with a reaction of .014 and ran a 9.64 on a 9.59 on the brakes. This run and the next runs were all won on reaction times.

Round 2, was racing the leader for the points championship on a Polaris. Again, dialed a 9.60 and with a reaction time of .0002 there was nothing he could run against me with as I backed off for the win :) He was very upset..... The .0002 reaction time won me another special trophy....a little bronze helmet !

Round 3, the guy who was now in 2nd place for the championship would tie if he won the next round.....with a reaction time of .008 there was no way he was going to win as I "duckcalled" right past him at the line. (That is what I call it now when I pass someone and brapp the throttle) :)

Round 4 was against Shagman and with the reaction times, I was always given lane choice. Once again, dialed a 9.59 and with a .002 against Shagman, the other racers were asking tech to check and see if I had a delay box.... took off the hood and ....NOPE! no delay box. The other racers were stunned and so was the announcer.

Round 5 was a run I will not forget! I dialed a 9.59, ran a 9.593 with a reaction of .001!!! My total race "package" was a .0052!!!! That was the difference between a perfect dial-in and E.T.

Round 6, Final Round! This was against a 1300 cat and my little 776 SRX. He dialed a 9.07 and I dialed my 9.59. He knew I was good on the tree all day, but my lucky horseshoe emptied out and I redlighted by .0036 to take the 2nd place position :)

Saturday started out awesome once again and was killing the light with double 00's and single 0's! Still a good headwind, but the ol girl SRX kept on truckin till I got pre-staged and staged to run against an Arctic Cat who was dialed-in with a 10.46 to my 9.50 and the lights weren't coming down. After 20 seconds, I looked over at the starting official and when I looked back, the tree was coming down so I lost that round 6 with a .136 reaction time to his .027 and I ran a 9.510 too....

Well, Saturday I got paid for being in the top 6 from what I hear out of 76 sleds I think in the class.

Sunday was cool and I still had issues with the sled performing so I changed plugs. It wasn't the plugs, but think I have a broken reed that is making it gargle off the line. Still ran a 9.48 as my fastest pass for the weekend.
View attachment 120971 View attachment 120972 View attachment 120973 View attachment 120974 View attachment 120975

Congrats on the racing. Might be a head gasket/O-ring..

Wow, I use a delay box and can't consistently get reaction times like that, let alone my 60' times. I thought my lost with a breakout of .0012 was close, but .0001, that sucks, you probably can barely measure that, lol.....

Back