• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Mono Performance 'feel'?

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
As I dream about riding the Attak I wonder about the "feel". ;)! :shock:

I am primarily a sit down rider who loves to crest a hill and carry the ski's with hard acceleration or feel the pull and front end lighten with accel out of the corner.

With the 136 mono and rider forward is it going to do those things well? Or Will I have to learn to like the flat, on rails feel?

My hope is with the independent Wt shift control of the mono I can set this to my desired feel. I wonder with wt forward and long track if it can be set to be light in the front under power. ;)!

What do you test riders or other dreamers have to say?

Boy just thinking about this has made me anxious for snow.
Yamapoo aka yamadoo

Hello?
Anyone else have thoughts on the longer wheel base feel?
I hope all are out having summer fun, I will be later today so recheck in on monday some time
Yamapoo aka yamadoo

Thanks LB, my last long tracker was a96 Ski Doo Grand touring, It was fun but not nimble or rsponsive to power lifting the front end.

Just thinking out loud with this ?, I appreciate your custom long track experience.

Yamadoo

that attak should have major transfer...especially if u want it to. guys on the 121 monos pull the skis off the ground anytime they want to

Attachments

• P1010125.JPG
    P1010125.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 63
  • P1010127.JPG
    P1010127.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 63
  • P1010126.JPG
    P1010126.JPG
    458.4 KB · Views: 61
It does have major transfer....EASILY pull the skis up over any hill.....I know becuase I did it on the 06'Attak and noticed the AWESOME transfer immediatley!

I rode the Attak, and also ordered the Attak. Is was the best ride out of all of the new Apex's. I have never owned a 136 before, and I loved the feel of the Attak. I think from the rider forwarding, it feels like a 121 in the corners, and a 136 on the straights. Can't get any better than that.

Thanks Guys that is what I want to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamadoo

NOS-PRO said:
I rode the Attak, and also ordered the Attak. Is was the best ride out of all of the new Apex's. I have never owned a 136 before, and I loved the feel of the Attak. I think from the rider forwarding, it feels like a 121 in the corners, and a 136 on the straights. Can't get any better than that.

I could say the same thing verbatim and it would be true. Never owned a 136 before. Wasn't planning on updating. After I did I was hooked though. Even to do without the fox floats, which are an awesome shock.

Back