• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ATTN: Aftermarket Suspension Component Sellers!

Groomerdriver

TY 4 Stroke Master
The ride of my Vector ER is MUCH too stiff for me. My goal is a soft, cushy, plush type of ride. As close to an M-10 ride as possible (if it's possible with this skid). The front end is also too stiff for my liking.

If you have PROVEN products that will get the sled to ride more like I want it to, please post here or PM me. I've already talked to Greg at Maxx Perf about this.

Please don't suggest buying a new Vector with the Monoshock skid, because that is simply not in the cards. It's still possible that the front suspension is too stiff (for me) on that combo too!

Thanks!!!

TTT

Torx - Pioneer?? being new to Yamaha's (I know I know it took me time to learn my lesson!! :D ) I don't know who Pioneer is. Can you provide more info please.

Thanks!

I LIVE 15 MIN FROM PIONEER
ITS PIONEERMOTORSPORTS.COM there is a link

BRUCE SCHRADER IS PIONEER PERFORMANCE A YAMAHA AFTERMARKET COMPANY HE WORKED FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE AND BENDER RACING

I may stop and talk to them friday

I think the very back shock is junk not enough rebound there is nothing wrong with the skid the nitro uses same skid with different shock and very similer to my mxz skid that worked great it needs a rebuildable gas shock with more rebound damping

undecided said:
The ride of my Vector ER is MUCH too stiff for me. My goal is a soft, cushy, plush type of ride. As close to an M-10 ride as possible (if it's possible with this skid). The front end is also too stiff for my liking.

If you have PROVEN products that will get the sled to ride more like I want it to, please post here or PM me. I've already talked to Greg at Maxx Perf about this.

Please don't suggest buying a new Vector with the Monoshock skid, because that is simply not in the cards. It's still possible that the front suspension is too stiff (for me) on that combo too!

Thanks!!!
have you backed off all front spring pressure yet? If not lift front of your sled off the ground so skis are hanging...then back of lock nuts to where the springs almost have no pressure on them from adjuster then screw down top lock nut. These front gas filled shocks have lots of pressure in them and all you need is some spring assist in big bumps ...this helped my ride alot and still handle good in turns...maybe even better? Also be sure to put your handlebars all the way forward since dealers like to givem to you back and alot of owners are affraid to change it..

SKIDOZER said:
I LIVE 15 MIN FROM PIONEER
ITS PIONEERMOTORSPORTS.COM there is a link

BRUCE SCHRADER IS PIONEER PERFORMANCE A YAMAHA AFTERMARKET COMPANY HE WORKED FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE AND BENDER RACING

I may stop and talk to them friday

I think the very back shock is junk not enough rebound there is nothing wrong with the skid the nitro uses same skid with different shock and very similer to my mxz skid that worked great it needs a rebuildable gas shock with more rebound damping

I 100% totally agree with SKIDOZER. Rebound dampening on the vector is the absolute worst. I can wait to unload the stock steel-bodied POS damper!

Rage2005Yamaha said:
undecided said:

Thanks!!!
have you backed off all front spring pressure yet? If not lift front of your sled off the ground so skis are hanging...then back of lock nuts to where the springs almost have no pressure on them from adjuster then screw down top lock nut. These front gas filled shocks have lots of pressure in them and all you need is some spring assist in big bumps ...this helped my ride alot and still handle good in turns...maybe even better? Also be sure to put your handlebars all the way forward since dealers like to givem to you back and alot of owners are affraid to change it..

All the springs are set as you suggest. Rear cam is at softest. Tried middle but just a bit stiffer which to me suggests its not the rear coils. Front ski springs are also at softest and the front end rides harsh too! I watch the action of the front end in the stutters and small moguls and about the only thing you see absorbing the bumps is the ski's themselves flexing.

Dealer wants my sled back NOW to tear into it. Thinking is that all trhe shocks are for some reason valved too stiff. This also assumes that somethings wrong with the steel gas shock...maybe thats where the problem lays...I dont know.

talked to Bruce at pioneerperformance today.

He told me mostly what we already know.
He said rear shock is no good he uses the ohlins shock with good results and the center shock doesnt have enough damping either and needs revalveing.I also asked about the rear shock on the nitro which is a KYB he said that works well but is unsure what cost difference would be between the two
He told me that for my type of rough trail and agressive rideing that is what I need

I asked about the front shocks being valved to stiff and springs to soft.
He told me he uses a different swaybar and loosens up the springs like you have already he said that lowers the ride height and helps with the ski lift.

he said he hasn't revalved any front shocks yet on vector

I tried to get my vector more cushy all season. Got it somewhat better but still not totally happy. If i had not decided 6 weeks ago to get an Apex I would have given Bruce my credit card number by now.

I worked with Bruce earlier in the winter and wen't with the Ohlin. Actualy the stock rear shock has to much rebound dampening and does not let the shock recover quick enough and that is why you do not feel the suspendtion stroking. Mine rides very plush now. My only problem now is trying to get the ride height up where it should be. (spring's to soft) may have bad spring's. As far as the front goes mine is the plushest sled that i have ridden this season. kviper

DOZER - got your e-mails..thanks!

We're supposed to get up to a foot!!! of snow here by Saturday! Still want to get the sled in and have it looked at. I'll ride one of my other two Poo's (sigh!)

I know this much >< about revalving shocks, and what shock I should use in the rear/track, and also how should the front/track be revalved. Plus..how should the fronts be revalved cuz those are too stiff too.

My dealer has a guy who is very knowledgable about this stuff and they claim they can get this sled to ride how I want it to. Front ski lift is really not an issue at this point as I have very very little. But what might happen is when I revalve the fronts, the springs won't be stiff enough for the revalved shocks. THat's when the stiffer sway bar may come in.

I need to stay patient and not start throwing $$ recklessly at this thing!!

Tfin said:
undecided said:
I need to stay patient and not start throwing $$ recklessly at this thing!!

That's key right there! ;)!

Dang it's hard though!!! :D Pretty much all I have had is people say "put in this shock" or "do this or that" without providing any real sspecifics. That's the part that makes me nervous. I credit Greg at Maxx Perf for saying..."wait..we dont have enough seat time on it yet." IN fairness to Pioneer, I haven't talked to him...only going by what DOZER told me....again no fault of Pioneer's. It's mainly the supposed dealer "experts" in WI (not my dealer in defense of him) that are saying "put this shock on..." and I ask them about specific valving, etc. and all I get is blank looks. Real confidence inspiring ya know!!!!

BTW - I love this sled!!!! :Rockon: ;)! Just not used to have to do so much ($$) to get the skid to work the way I want it.

Back