• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ATTN: Aftermarket Suspension Component Sellers!

I'm on L cam setting and I'm nowhere's near 1/2 way into the travel. Transfer rod gap is about what you mentioned. I weigh 217 w/o gear. So maybe my springs are tight as compared to others, plus add in the junk rear shock, and it's a recipe for an uncomfortable ride. Keep me posted on the shock.

ttt - sorry...want to keep this on top.

No word from my dealer, but I'm also not pressing him either.

I don't know for sure with out being there but it sound's like your ride height may be about wright, You may just need a better shock set up and like i said, To much rebound dampening is the main problem. kviper

kviper said:
I don't know for sure with out being there but it sound's like your ride height may be about wright, You may just need a better shock set up and like i said, To much rebound dampening is the main problem. kviper

Based on lots of time on similar suspensions, it would seem about right. Gonna call dealer today but aren't holding my breath that they've found anything. I am going to ask him how much to trade my Vector towards an 'o6 Vector ER, or whatever is the lowest cost Vector with the Mono. Might be better off trading vs. spending $100's on different shocks.

Bummer #$%&*

After 220 mi on the Apex with the Mono i can tell you that it is likley the best riding suspendtion i have ever ridden, Even better than the M-10 and does not have all the draw back's that the M-10 has. The Vector's with the Mono will be calabrated a bit different due to rider position but should still be plush when set to be on the RA, you also get the wider running board's on the ER and up model's. kviper

here is how I decide if spring rates are good for my weight. If I can stay in the range of settings in the book and get a light occasional bottoming, then that is about what you want.
Id guess 80% of the problem is the steel shock.

dealer won't give me sqaut on trading for an 'o6, so I gotta spend $$ on a new shock, revalving, etc.

kviper - if you read this, did you trade in, and if so, is your shock for sale?

I did not do anything yet but kind of have one other person in line first, Maybe two if my friend don't trade for a Vector GT. I don't know if i will pre season or hold off till fall. I will post if it will be available. Thank's. kviper

Back