• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

B/O orange

I'm pretty sure my springs are sacked out. So starting there, I wanted to put springs in that would work for me now & later.
I'm sure an xs belt will cost me to lose 300rpm +/-. And thought I'd pick the RPMs back up with a tune (jukebox) probably 240hp.
Then run that for a bit under I got familiar.
Then play with weights/tunes and go from there.
I'm really not into playing with things. Set it & forget it type guy. Don't want to get too much into 2bar, 3bar, bov, etc.
Seems like the further you go the more upkeep necessary.
Not necessarily the more tune the more upkeep. I like to test testand temp check clutching. Then forget it. It’s the only way you know you have correct secondary spring tension for YOUR sled.

I'm pretty sure my springs are sacked out. So starting there, I wanted to put springs in that would work for me now & later.
I'm sure an xs belt will cost me to lose 300rpm +/-. And thought I'd pick the RPMs back up with a tune (jukebox) probably 240hp.
Then run that for a bit under I got familiar.
Then play with weights/tunes and go from there.
I'm really not into playing with things. Set it & forget it type guy. Don't want to get too much into 2bar, 3bar, bov, etc.
Seems like the further you go the more upkeep necessary.
Does anyone have experience with tuning with the 240 tune and , the only other change is switching to the XS 825 belt , to maintain the 9000 +/- top rpms ?

Not necessarily the more tune the more upkeep. I like to test testand temp check clutching. Then forget it. It’s the only way you know you have correct secondary spring tension for YOUR sled.

Understood.... honestly I'd like to know what temps on primary, secondary & belt for long belt life should be.
I know I've held both clutches B4. Probably been a couple years. Warm, not super hot.

Does anyone have experience with tuning with the 240 tune and , the only other change is switching to the XS 825 belt , to maintain the 9000 +/- top rpms ?

So, I've read. Nothing to lose. Throw the belt on & run the 240 tune. See how it goes.

I have Max Spool 16 with the XS825, B/O spring, and Yamaha Blu/Brn/Blu primary spring. Stock weights, stock helix. My sled runs the way it should.
That's what I wanted to hear. Why did you put the Blu/Brn/Blu primary spring in there?

Yes, simple 240 Hurricane tune on the Cat or the Yamaha and run the XS belt on the stock clutching. Cheap simple & excellent performance gain. I send them like that all the time. People love it.

With stock weights you will be over reving. I run the 240ss tune with xs belt and mine runs at 8850-8900 with 70 g of cam arm weight

That's what I wanted to hear. Why did you put the Blu/Brn/Blu primary spring in there?
Fleecer suggested it as a good trail riding spring. The dealer was replacing my primary under warranty so I had them put it in. No regrets. I only trail ride though. No racing.

Fleecer suggested it as a good trail riding spring. The dealer was replacing my primary under warranty so I had them put it in. No regrets. I only trail ride though. No racing.

What intake & exhaust are you running?

With stock weights you will be over reving. I run the 240ss tune with xs belt and mine runs at 8850-8900 with 70 g of cam arm weight
I run the same with 240ss tune with a o/b secondary at 6-1 and a red/black primary. Also have an extra gram on the wieghts .8750-8800 rpm

I run the same with 240ss tune with a o/b secondary at 6-1 and a red/black primary. Also have an extra gram on the wieghts .8750-8800 rpm
I actually grinded a bit of weight off my Dalton Qay 70 to get to 8850-8900. Mine were 72 g when I bought them.

Back