• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BD Turbo Phazer, EzRyde, Custom Tunnel Mod

gager

Thought some of you might appreciate some pics of my turbo phazer. I run around 12lbs of boost with a 50/50 mixture of premium pump gas and 110 race gas. I removed the head shim as it made the machine way to lazy and I primarily run above 4000 ft. The ExRyde rear skid is absolutely the best. I can ride full throttle thru the roughest trail bumps and it just soaks up them up and rockets ahead. The track is a 153x2.25 Challenger Extreme cut down to 14.5. I disassembled the stock tunnel and removed all the steel replacing it with aluminum where needed. I replaced the center section with a 24" heat exchanger and added a custom aluminum extension with rack & flap mount. I then added full size foot boards with an open design to prevent snow loading up on the boards. Overall I'm happy with the machine and can run with any of the 700, 800 and 900 two strokes that I ride with. I will be adding NOS this year in an attempt to eliminate the turbo lag.

turbo%20phazer%201.jpg

turbo%20phazer%202.jpg

turbo%20phazer%203.jpg

Yep, my brother and I fabricated the running boards. Here is a photo of the tunnel during construction.
turbo%20phazer%205.jpg

Also, here is a shot of the turbo.
turbo%20phazer%204.jpg

We had the aluminum rails cut from 1/4" plate with a computer controlled plasma cutter. The results were crude compared to water jet, but it gave the pieces a rough, gripy surface.

The Bookdocker Turbo kit comes with the Boondocker EFI box.

Here is a photo of the turbo and exhaust with the heat shielding removed:
turbo%20%26%20exhaust.jpg
[/url]

I see you also ported the track and I like where you put the extra belt.

AWESOME! I wish I was mechanical and could pull stuff like that off.

The sled is one of the best designs going. I love the feel and the ride. I wish mine pulled about 100-110 HP instead of the 80.

control box

Hey Gager

I was woundering how you like the boondocker control box. I have a boondocker turbo with the box. I can't seem to fig out the control box. I have emailed Boondocker to try to get some instructions on it. How well does it run, I have not gotten to ride mine yet.

Gager, could you tell me if you can tig weld with a mig welder, by just using tungsten wire?

Back