• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bell Crank Bushings and Install Tool

Is the location working out for you? And I'm assuming the grease fitting is standard size?
Thanks
Yes I angled the hole up slightly when I drilled so it would be positioned between both bushings.
I measured the length of the bushing and went just above it and still needed to clear front panel with head of grease fitting when tightened.
I messaged Val and he sent grease fittings with the kit.

Yes I angled the hole up slightly when I drilled so it would be positioned between both bushings.
I measured the length of the bushing and went just above it and still needed to clear front panel with head of grease fitting when tightened.
I messaged Val and he sent grease fittings with the kit.
Cool thanks Tim.. I found the 1/4 28 grease fittings.. Pretty standard. Even found your drill tap combo on Amazon..

Looking to do the Mainway products all the way around on new sled.. Getting ready as I have all the "stuff".. Anyone have a link for the rivets(stainless) you guys used after drilling out old ones? Also a link on the grease fitting.. Drilling and tapping for this fitting in Location shown by Inc2000? Wondering if anyone had any tips or details on this front end steering MOD.. Thanks
Got my stainless rivets at ace hardware. Bought a cheap pneumatic rivet gunbat harbor freight that was worth its weight in gold

I did the mainway products all the way around also. I would suggest buying his remove and install tool for the A arm pivot bushings.

Looking to do the Mainway products all the way around on new sled.. Getting ready as I have all the "stuff".. Anyone have a link for the rivets(stainless) you guys used after drilling out old ones? Also a link on the grease fitting.. Drilling and tapping for this fitting in Location shown by Inc2000? Wondering if anyone had any tips or details on this front end steering MOD.. Thanks
Email Val and he’ll send you the installation instructions with which SS rivets to use. I’ll have to dig through my notes to find it but I’m pretty sure 2 of them need to be longer.

Replace the upper steering stem bushing with a billet one with brass bushing . Now would be a good time to do it since the stem is out of that bushing for this install. OFT racing has them and Ulmer has them as well.

THIS !

OFT site is not up. But it's oftracing.com it says there closed for the summer. Prolly could call there.

OFT site is not up. But it's oftracing.com it says there closed for the summer. Prolly could call there.
Yea I looked on that site. It’s down. Ulmer has them. Just can’t add to cart. It says request a quote. I see what you mean about maybe upgrading while doing bell crank bushings.

my experience with OFT is that he is not busy enough in the summer to run his site. I believe he has a seasonal full time job. He has always returned my calls and his site gets reactivated in the winter.

Did the bell crank bushings on 2022 Sidewinder. Not to bad of a job. Couple things I did.. I removed the aluminum steering rods by disconnecting them on each end and did not loosen the jam nuts. This helps to keep your tow out intact . Drilled out the 10 rivets and having a BIG rivet gun(long handles) helps with reinstalling rivets . I did drill and tap a grease fitting per Tim's measurement. One thing to be careful of is the voltage regulator has been moved on the 22. It is now located just above the brace that has the 10 rivets to be drilled out. Not a huge issue but something to be aware of. This bushing kit really takes the slop out. Thanks to 1nc2000 for the tips/pics .

Back