• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big warmup of 2023 here already???

I open the garage door and drive 2 blocks and on the trail. Trails are good and busy here.
Summers are cold until mid July.
What are you projecting for your area into next week? After the warmup yesterday and the forecast for Sun-Wed, I'm contemplating backing out of a trip.

What are you projecting for your area into next week? After the warmup yesterday and the forecast for Sun-Wed, I'm contemplating backing out of a trip.
Above freezing during day and below freezing at night. Trails will be good. Weekend traffic gets rough trails.

Man we lost a lot of snow these last two days. A few more days of this and grass will be showing and I had a good 15-20” base in my yard.

I just saw some video from Nick Keller up at Pat’s in the UP and it didn’t look very good but tons of sleds there at the gas pump.

Also saw some photos from Don (VX1R), he and the wife were up past Houghton this week and the snow depth looks way down from years past.

I read today some trails in the UP are closing for now or they are not grooming because of this.

Very depressing to see this late March weather show up now.

Unseasonal warm in many parts of the world.. Not just in the good old USA.. Hard to keep a positive outlook when weather ruins your plans.. Truth is its times like this that make us really enjoy this sport and truly appreciate winter. Besides there’s always Bench racing your buddy over a few beers in the man cave… Lol…And yes everything is overpriced and sleds are no exception… so if you want to play, you gotta pay.. as sleds go up so do used sled prices or thats the way it should work ( not always true ) but its all part of inflation.. until we see a major downturn correction in the world economic market these businesses will keep on trucking and prices will continue to raise… Hell it seems investors forget one very important lesson . And that is “Pigs get slaughtered “ if the bubble burst then and only then will prices fall like the rain drops we have had all day…

I think we're done here.

1676002769785.png

Season started really late. Barely had 3 weeks of riding and it's melting away. Yesterday the trails were already starting to show dirt and It's been raining all day today. I might as well just pack it in. No point in trying to get my hopes up. I did do about 1000km.

I think we're done here.

View attachment 171453

Season started really late. Barely had 3 weeks of riding and it's melting away. Yesterday the trails were already starting to show dirt and It's been raining all day today. I might as well just pack it in. No point in trying to get my hopes up. I did do about 1000km.
Those Celsius temps always throw me for a loop. Those look cold to me, LOL!!

For 4 years, on my 88 Formula Plus, I couldnt ride around home. Then in 93, tons of snow. My mxz, formula z, formula III, Mach z...had a new sled every 2 years as would sell before 5000 miles. It does go in cycles. We are just in a bad one, here in upstate NY. My old farmer neighbor used to say 'gonna be an open winter'....seen it before.
Sorry Sumpbuster but, 45 miles west of Albany is not Upstate NY. But, it sucks in Upstate NY too!

Not to rub it in...
We did 300 miles yesterday...left from home at 08:00 and got home at 18:00. Had great burgers in Red Lake while two of the Doo guys got their DSS installed at the dealer that were never delivered on their 2022 Doos.
Trails were WAY better then expected and only met a groomer on the entire trip...no other traffic.
My SW used almost 5 gallons less fuel then any other sled in the group over the 300 mile trip...plus no two stroke oil.
Hopefully we don't get anymore early warm weather as the trails bases are not deep.

Not to rub it in...
We did 300 miles yesterday...left from home at 08:00 and got home at 18:00. Had great burgers in Red Lake while two of the Doo guys got their DSS installed at the dealer that were never delivered on their 2022 Doos.
Trails were WAY better then expected and only met a groomer on the entire trip...no other traffic.
My SW used almost 5 gallons less fuel then any other sled in the group over the 300 mile trip...plus no two stroke oil.
Hopefully we don't get anymore early warm weather as the trails bases are not deep.
You suck sideshow!!!!! Rain, no more base and rivers and lakes melting fast. Looking like another ride to Canada to have to spend more money! Oh well, guess we’ll help Canadien economy!!! Labatts Blue Dry, here we come!

Our winter has sucked. Warm up coming. only 400 miles so far. I am used to getting 3000 miles.
Going to Canada for week next month to find snow.
I’m in central NH and it’s dismal. No local riding. 2018 was the last year we had good snow and local riding. Since then we are lucky to get trails open 2 or 3 weeks and when they do open they get beat to death in weekend. This has been the mildest winter I have seen in 50 plus years. Swamps never froze. I’m seriously thinking of selling.
dont dispare, we've seen bad years, this season is not over yet and it's got to snow sometime...hang in there...or go to northern Maine or Canada

Just put on about 1180 miles running around Lake Of The Clouds, Big Bay and Copper Harbor. Trails are holding up good with the warm weather but definitely need more snow.

I was out yesterday for the last time from the looks of the forecast. I tried some old Hartman ski scratchers but they didn't do much. Need more down pressure on them. Had to keep a close eye on the water temp.

We need more snow after this last thaw, and we might get some this week if the track runs over us, but there's also rain in the forecast so who knows. It's been a great southern MN winter till now....

Here’s what I’m riding today, haven’t had the time to make it to the UP . So this will have to fill my adrenaline need.

Attachments

• 90BE99E1-C89F-4027-90DC-3B727CB5BA61.jpeg
    90BE99E1-C89F-4027-90DC-3B727CB5BA61.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 40
I've got 2300 kms on the Nytro this year. Not much snow this year. Ice has been sketchy.

Back