• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big warmup of 2023 here already???

Never give up. Never surrender! Watch Joe Bastardis saturday summary (free) on Weatherbell.

Hope she has a speedy recovery
Fortunately fine, just stressful to wake up this morning and found out she was in the hospital, it’s our youngest and was out with friends in Minneapolis and you always worry. Apparently the EMG rooms were busy last night with all the ice created from the melting.

Hard to believe I was riding last weekend. I had three to four foot snowbanks along my driveway. They are down to maybe 12-14” now. Rain for Tuesday just for salt in the wound.

lol! And once again, The laws will be tested. While I understand tech has moved forward, I'm not convinced the 2s, in factory form, has. They still hold some of the fastest speed records. Anyway?!?!
It's crazy to think how far they entered our airspace? Actually, on 5 continents.
They have some cowardly purpose?!?!
one of these times they're going to dump some new kind of virus on our heads..I believe the Japanese tried this during WW2

Maybe you missed something three years ago

Got out for ~400kms over the weekend, would have been more but we decided to do a charity poker ride with 700 of our closest friends on saturday and we had a doo break down in the pack. Fantastic weather basically hovering around 0c but crept up yesterday in the afternoon to +5. Snow south of Coboconk (for the locals) is basically gone as of yesterday, moving up through Haliburton there is still snow but its melting fast. North of there may survive. No snow forecast for the south until the 24th.

1676293808890.png

1676293959869.png

1676294018253.png

Got out for ~400kms over the weekend, would have been more but we decided to do a charity poker ride with 700 of our closest friends on saturday and we had a doo break down in the pack. Fantastic weather basically hovering around 0c but crept up yesterday in the afternoon to +5. Snow south of Coboconk (for the locals) is basically gone as of yesterday, moving up through Haliburton there is still snow but its melting fast. North of there may survive. No snow forecast for the south until the 24th.

View attachment 171536

View attachment 171537

View attachment 171538
Similar colours to that ET300!

View attachment 171536

View attachment 171537

View attachment 171538
Nice to see the trail pass!
Too many sleds in our area riding the trails with no tags usually riders with Mohawk Helmets, Back Packs, shovels, and cans!

It's getting harder and harder to keep the faith. The weather isn't cooperating, my body isn't cooperating, the sled sometimes doesn't cooperate, it's getting more expensive, idiots who don't follow the rules get trails closed and we're left with a bunch of road runs. It's getting tiring to keep seeing red on the map and saying "it'll be better next year". My son is also seriously considering selling his sled. My wife can't ride anymore since her sledding accident a few years ago and it's sometimes difficult to find riding partners so I wind up riding alone. Trailering and doing the hotel thing has become very expensive even if I could find someone to go.

It's the ONLY thing I used to look forward to every year and now I just have this sense of dread before each season.

Then of course I have this fear that if I sell my sled, it will be the year of epic snow and will regret my decision.

Sorry for laying this out here. Just need to contemplate my future in the sport.
Appreciate the comments because ‘all of the above’ has crossed my mind in the past few days.

Just got back from Elliot lake last weekend after 4 days with my daughter. had a great time. Looking at the forecast her sled may not get out again this year. We have had virtually no riding at home this year- and are about to get totally wiped out this coming week- which I can’t remember when this has happened.

With busy schedules and work, its like wearing a vice around your head trying to fit it all in.

I suppose enjoy the good times when they do occur . Sorry for the rant or whine- however you want to class it.
Ms

And looking at for sale ads, there are tons of sleds available which wouldn't help with any possible sale of my own. And some have been on there for weeks. Either overpriced or there is no interest.

View attachment 171536

View attachment 171537

View attachment 171538
Very cool! Plus I love to see older sleds on the trails.

View attachment 171536

View attachment 171537

View attachment 171538
Very cool! Plus I love to see older sleds on the trails.

View attachment 171536

View attachment 171537

View attachment 171538
Were you in the Haliburton Forest poker run? I was there both Friday and Saturday since the trails in Fenelon got wiped out on Thursday, ruing my snowmobile vacation week!

If that first sled in your 2nd pic is an SS440, I'm pretty sure we passed that group. We were a group of 4 with me leading on my S-TX GT EPS followed by a Renegade and 2 ZR6000's.

Was a blast!

Nice to see the trail pass!
Too many sleds in our area riding the trails with no tags usually riders with Mohawk Helmets, Back Packs, shovels, and cans!
I didn't have my wi trail pass this trip, still haven't gotten it in the mail from a two weeks ago.

Saw a sheriff on a two seat Pantera up in front of our group trolling a long. He stops at the jct and ask the leader and me for regs. Told him I didn't have it but here's my email, showing the dollar amount.

The rest of the group has there papers out and his response was
"Well you guys got all your stuff out(didn't even look) but go ahead"

So I slowly crept by with 2.5 trail muffler, was worried he may stop me but we went on by.

View attachment 171536

View attachment 171537

View attachment 171538
Or SS440 has Derek has me thinking...lol

Back