• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bills Center Spring, needed?

IMO, your weight will not compress it as much as you think. Most people are between 2-4 turns depending on how you like to ride
Right it is a personal thing. I am 140 and 3.5 turns on rtx. Xtx transfers more so probably not as much needed and a ltx transfers the least so more probably needed. Is a sweet spot and it’s different for everyone I suspect. Easy enough to adjust though.

What's stock on your sidewinders?

The BTX and XTX (2017) have same spring as Viper XTX...my buddies both run stingrays and say big difference.

Right it is a personal thing. I am 140 and 3.5 turns on rtx. Xtx transfers more so probably not as much needed and a ltx transfers the least so more probably needed. Is a sweet spot and it’s different for everyone I suspect. Easy enough to adjust though.
If you have ltx then steve is right and you are gonna need more. I am at 5 turns and it finally transfers some and thinking I might try 1 more to try and lighten ski pressure some more

when you say you turn it 5 turns is that from where the spring is loose like rattling?then tightening from there 5 turns?

Ohhh I received Bills spring this afternoon ! Wow by the looks of it I can tell it’s gonna work! And best part is the fastest delivery yet from his business to my door! Thanks Sir tomorrow it’s going into the skid. Can’t ride though because the top chain case bearing #*$&@ the bed.Waiting for parts.

Ohhh I received Bills spring this afternoon ! Wow by the looks of it I can tell it’s gonna work! And best part is the fastest delivery yet from his business to my door! Thanks Sir tomorrow it’s going into the skid. Can’t ride though because the top chain case bearing #*$&@ the bed.Waiting for parts.
Oh Man!

If you have ltx then steve is right and you are gonna need more. I am at 5 turns and it finally transfers some and thinking I might try 1 more to try and lighten ski pressure some more
Is that 5 turns from stock setting? And this may sound silly, to the right?

Is that 5 turns from stock setting? And this may sound silly, to the right?
5 full turns from barely tight installed in sled and suspension in the air. Yes to the right clockwise. Paint or mark one of the protrusions on the spanner nut closest to spring so you can see and count it in snow. 1/2 a turn matters and is noticeable.

5 full turns from barely tight installed in sled and suspension in the air. Yes to the right clockwise. Paint or mark one of the protrusions on the spanner nut closest to spring so you can see and count it in snow. 1/2 a turn matters and is noticeable.
Thank you Steve!

Back