• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black Hills SD

I need to go ride the hills one day when the snow is good. Might see if the crew wants to run out there this weekend.

We just received another 20” or so in the past 18 hours.
I need to go ride the hills one day when the snow is good. Might see if the crew wants to run out there this weekend.

Well we received over 2 feet of fresh here in town and it was already really good with a deep base. Another 8-10” probably on Thursday. There is so much snow right now it’s crazy.:)

We received 4 feet in Lead, SD this week. A little bit less up near Trailshead, but they already had a base. The groomers are out. It'll take a bit to set up and then get some fresh on top, but it should be an excellent year in the Black Hills. I haven't been out yet, but plan to ride a few miles this weekend. I'll just be staying on the trail now because I don't want to get buried.

Sorry I have not updated all season. This has been an AMAZING season! On and off trail. Things are still GREAT in the Black Hills. If you still want to get in a ride come see us. I have ridden almost every weekend this year with different friends and family. It's been a great winter.

EDIT: If you wondered why I didn't even post an update winter 2020-21 and 2021-22 is because they were horrible winters. I only got one ride in each year and it was trail only. So glad we are having a great winter again. It goes in cycles so fingers crossed for another good winter next year.

Last edited:

Back