• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

blown chain case

sneakattak88

Expert
yep happen again!!! second time chain case goes on this thing, well took it apart tonight and found the chain tensionner to be snapped off, now i know why Yamaha has a bolt thru the case and the tensioner now, what a mess, will be getting the new style now!! :o| :o| and while i have it apart the new Boivin skid is going in, I guess my best friend will be busy while im sitting on a cruise LOL,, have fun Kevin

Most of the time they get so HOT when riding at high sustained speeds they actully SUCK in the gasket and lose the oil and POW!!! I have a '08 and sucked mine in last year you have to keep a close eye on them...I change my oil every 1000kms and I've also made more grooves on dipstick to give more VENTING, after a long high speed run do the test, stop and get your hand down on the chaincase cover you can FRY an egg on it! be careful not to burn yourself

sneakattak88 said:
now i know why Yamaha has a bolt thru the case and the tensioner now...

I think this is different than the gasket surface...

Ya I exploded my chaincase same way last year, the oil ran out but I had the three yr. warranty and Yami covered it, it's an 07 so I think I'm on my own now so I check every time I ride and/change it often. what are everyones thought on oil? I use Mobil 1 syn. 80/90

the new style is a bolt going right thru the case, mine didnt have that, and not 100% sure but was also told they used a different material,, :o| can buid engines that are bullet prouf but cant cool down a chain case, or i burn up hyfax, oh the |Boivin plastic skid is going in this week also

Back