• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BRP Ice Scratchers

Why do people drive down a snow covered trail with ice scratchers down?
They just spray snow everywhere and drive down the middle of the trail. My hyfax hold up just fine riding down the trail without them.

Ice scratchers are for ice!

:die:letsnow:
If you did spring riding or any trail riding after a thawing warm day and wanted hit the trail early next morning after a freeze that night, you will need scratchers.

Yes 100% ,my sidewinder has 1in track and lots of studs but on tight mornings I have over heating issues even when a good snow base. Ice scratchers are a must IMO

If you did spring riding or any trail riding after a thawing warm day and wanted hit the trail early next morning after a freeze that night, you will need scratchers.

I have come up on people going down the middle of the trail where their is plenty of snow and they are running with their ice scratchers down.

I ride right from my door in the lake effect area so I dont have to go out on the moon surface in spring. I wait till about 10 or 11 before I go ride.

It seems some people have to ride with them down all the time especially those yellow sleds.
You know the ones that go into limp mode all the time. (2 strokes).

Personally I went with these BRP ones as they will be up 90% of thr time and they will stay there which is nice. On a cold - 30deg Celsius morning where the trail has setup from the previous nights grooming they are a requirement.

For this year I switched out my ice scratchers from the tunnel ones to the BRP rail ice scratchers. When I took my skid out this year, I noticed the bolt holes on the hanger for the upper iddler wheels were egged out a bit, which concerned me, so I am going a different route this year to see how these work. I only had to drill one additional hole which was nice.
IMG-4955.jpg

For this year I switched out my ice scratchers from the tunnel ones to the BRP rail ice scratchers. When I took my skid out this year, I noticed the bolt holes on the hanger for the upper iddler wheels were egged out a bit, which concerned me, so I am going a different route this year to see how these work. I only had to drill one additional hole which was nice.
View attachment 156456
What's the part number on those - want to try them on my procross.

View attachment 156456
I have been running those with good results.

View attachment 156456
I have the same ones but I mounted them 1 inch back from where you did!! My upper wheel hit and broke the plastic holders!!
I think you sould be good where you mounted them!!!

I have the same ones but I mounted them 1 inch back from where you did!! My upper wheel hit and broke the plastic holders!!
I think you sould be good where you mounted them!!!

Dang, I didn't even think about that when I mounted them. Hoping the location will be ok and the holder has enough clearance from the wheel.

I know it's on a Nytro but I've been pretty happy with the set of BRP skid mounted scratchers on my XF skid conversion. I did break off one of the tips on the plastic holder riding off trail but that's to be expected. I put a zip tie around the skid rail and ran it like that for the rest of the year. I think I'll replace the hangers with some short bolts before this upcoming season.

These are a bit more expensive than scratchers I've ran in the past but they seem to work well. I liked my last set of Kimpex footboard ones as they throw a lot of snow way up front on the skid which is great. I did have to add some thin rubber sheets to dampen the vibration on the footboards, but had to go a different route with the WRP inserts I installed last year and you can't back up with them... I didn't have good luck with the cable scratchers. Seems like they don't provide enough down pressure bite and I broke the end off one in less than 100 miles...

Skid 1.jpg
Skid 2.jpg

I know it's on a Nytro but I've been pretty happy with the set of BRP skid mounted scratchers on my XF skid conversion. I did break off one of the tips on the plastic holder riding off trail but that's to be expected. I put a zip tie around the skid rail and ran it like that for the rest of the year. I think I'll replace the hangers with some short bolts before this upcoming season.

These are a bit more expensive than scratchers I've ran in the past but they seem to work well. I liked my last set of Kimpex footboard ones as they throw a lot of snow way up front on the skid which is great. I did have to add some thin rubber sheets to dampen the vibration on the footboards, but had to go a different route with the WRP inserts I installed last year and you can't back up with them... I didn't have good luck with the cable scratchers. Seems like they don't provide enough down pressure bite and I broke the end off one in less than 100 miles...

View attachment 156475 View attachment 156476

Hows it ride with that skid in it? I have been thinking about doing this to my nytro rtx se.

when I search this number BRP 860201728 a single coil one shows up, not the double coil like the two pics above show. Which is the new design.

Back