• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BRP Ice Scratchers

Hows it ride with that skid in it? I have been thinking about doing this to my nytro rtx se.

I'll be completely honest in that I don't have a ton of trail miles on it yet, and not being able to ride it back-to-back makes things tougher for me personally to compare since I'm no sled setup expert. I researched a bunch on Viper skid settings (mine has a float shock in back) to start with that as a baseline and I've slowly been tweaking it a little at a time from there. I'm plenty happy with how it rides considering the change from from a torsion spring setup to float shock.

There are several things I can comment on with certainty.

1. Even through my rails are raw aluminum this XF skid holds considerably less snow than the original Nytro setup
2. Weight savings of 30 lbs. - my stock skid in full dress (torsion spring spacers, X wheels, etc.) weighed 73.8 lbs. and my XF skid weighed in around 42 lbs. (I forget the exact weight and couldn't find my picture...)
3. Rear suspension sag has been eliminated - no more sag while the sled is unloaded

I put a bunch more pictures here:

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/141-float-skid-thread.150172/page-2

Nate

I run the BRP scratchers with a no-drill mount from One Rig Design. Works great.

Have any pictures of that? On their website the pictures are just of Polaris's. That sounds like a nice set-up without having to drill holes.

no good unless you never go in reverse

Anyone tried the ibexx scratchers? Look like a similar design to the brp ones but perhaps more heavy duty.

Barn of parts sells a kit that utilizes the bolt for mounting on the inside of the skis for maximum cooling

Attachments

• DE1B294E-BFB2-4D1E-AD7A-7B583837F6A6.jpeg
    DE1B294E-BFB2-4D1E-AD7A-7B583837F6A6.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 267
0809A135-FD76-4490-8443-2D1FC505270E.jpeg
Any feed back on these never had scratches can you use them in reverse

View attachment 156691 Any feed back on these never had scratches can you use them in reverse

It is my understanding you can not use those stock scratchers in reverse. The reason the BRPs work in reverse is the double coil. I will be watching this thread though as I trying to decide myself if I am going to keep the stock scratchers on the new sled. I really don't like that they just sit on the rail. I cut a piece of vinyl and stuck it on there where the scratchers meet the rail but I don't know how long that will hold up. I wish someone made some type of a mount for those to protect the rail.

Last edited:
It is my understanding you can not use those stock scratchers in reverse. The reason the BRPs work in reverse is the double coil. I will be watching this thread though as I trying to decide myself if I am going to keep the stock scratchers on the new sled. I really don't like that they just sit on the rail. I cut a piece of vinyl and stock it on there where the scratchers meet the rail but I don't know how long that will hold up. I wish someone made some type of a mount for those to protect the rail.

You are correct, you must lift and hook them when you back up.

Barn of parts sells a kit that utilizes the bolt for mounting on the inside of the skis for maximum cooling
I think this is the way to go.... To me, scratchers needs to be placed near the front of the skid to get all of the snow kicking up from the scratcher. So, why not just add them to the skis? Its really hard because I have not seen any evaluations to tell me which ones work best and which mounting position works best. I know Yamaha years ago tested the ones that mounted to their A-ARM and stated they worked well there.

I think this is the way to go.... To me, scratchers needs to be placed near the front of the skid to get all of the snow kicking up from the scratcher. So, why not just add them to the skis? Its really hard because I have not seen any evaluations to tell me which ones work best and which mounting position works best. I know Yamaha years ago tested the ones that mounted to their A-ARM and stated they worked well there.
these work great and you can go in reverse

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1572299471158_resized.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 142
.... Why have things tangling from the skid or tunnel until you use it?
These SLP control arm scratchers are the Catz Azz.... Why have BRP crap hanging underneath, they wear quickly, rust and risky getting hung up in the track.... Fuzz that crap... Go with full stainless steel cable with replaceable Woody carbide tips.... Also they fold over when reversing and won't break like the BS BRP ones, .... They also install in seconds, no tools required .... When not in use, carry them in your trunk bag or make a storage clip under the hood.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201016_103945.jpg
    Screenshot_20201016_103945.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Very functional location, I emailed them to ask if they had a bracket to accommodate the 2 hole Duraflex scratcher mount system

Back