• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Vs. US Pricing - They've Done it again......

the incentives in Canada are;extra year of warranty, 60 mths at 6.49% financing,Yamaha outlast jacket, yamaha gear bag (prob the same one they gave away a couple years ago) an oil change kit and detailing kit with a early deposit of $500 by April 1st or end of april....i can't remember...was at the dealer last night

The problem is, this issue is not unique to yamaha or snowmobiles. We are getting ripped off on most products compared to the US, regardless of where they are made.

Aww come on ... you Canadians make more money than us here in the States :drink:

But now you don't have to pay for medical anymore so your back in the clear. ;)

Don't let not having a US address stop you. You must know someone down there. Use thier's. Thats what I did. Bought my last 2 sleds brand new in North Dakota and used my Sister in laws address in California.

Or get a phone book and pick one out of it.

The dealer won't care. They just want the sale.

BombaPolaYama said:
The problem is, this issue is not unique to yamaha or snowmobiles. We are getting ripped off on most products compared to the US, regardless of where they are made.

Yamaha has the most unfair pricing of the snowmobile manufacturers though and has for several years.

hittoomanytrees said:
Don't let not having a US address stop you. You must know someone down there. Use thier's. Thats what I did. Bought my last 2 sleds brand new in North Dakota and used my Sister in laws address in California.

Or get a phone book and pick one out of it.

The dealer won't care. They just want the sale.

interesting, ive phoned 3 dealers and only one was willing to do some work with me

Arctic Cat is very hard on US dealers who sell to CDNs. Maybe they are putting some heat on Yamaha to stop US dealers selling Vipers to CDNs?

Nytro40th said:
But do they still cover warranty in Canada if purchased in the States.

My Phazer was bought in the US by the previous owner. I called Yamaha Canada and asked if warranty work would be covered in Canada. She said if its safety related - yes. Otherwise it was up to the individual dealers if they would cover it. My Phazer is long off warranty now and I never had to find out.

I bought my Nytro in the US. They are so reliable the lack of warranty in Canada wasnt a big issue to me.

I dont think I am prepared to buy a Viper in the US today with all the issues that Cat has had with the Procross sleds the last 2 seasons.

canada

i feel sorry for you guys, does yamaha get all the money, does your leaders take some,as far as we get free ins. wrong i pay $108 out my social security and blue cross $148 next year alot more.

your a good neighbor and i hope you can somehow get it close to us in the states.

I've found you will not get alot of info. or much better price than MSRP buy phoning around unless they known you personally. After all they don't know if you are from Yamaha, another dealer , cat , doo or what. I go to the dealers and they get to know me and that helps alot.
Dealer has to have a profit to stay in busness, if you trade, some marge to check sled out and some for warrenty to the buyer. If we can't deal some of my dealer have found me a buyer and we did that deal in the dealers office. That way he has nothing to be reasponseable for.

Back