• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cant get my Viper to turn.

No. I said the center shock sweet spot is a two thread range. Play with it one turn at a time. You will find where it works best. Spanner wrench is in your toolkit. Make sure to loosen the jam nut on preload at home first. It is very tight. Just use spanner in kit to tighten.

I am studded. 2 per row. And that is right for the preload.

No. I said the center shock sweet spot is a two thread range. Play with it one turn at a time. You will find where it works best. Spanner wrench is in your toolkit. Make sure to loosen the jam nut on preload at home first. It is very tight. Just use spanner in kit to tighten.

Is this directed at me??
If so i dont understand what you are replying no to.

I am studded. 2 per row. And that is right for the preload.

I was wondering if i am studded heavy for the amount of carbide i am running.
I ran these same skis with even more studs on my apex and they worked great in most all conditions.
I really thought they would handle much better but i guess set up is critical on this sled

Is this directed at me??
If so i dont understand what you are replying no to.

Yes.It was directed at you. I did not say to back it off till no tension. I said the sweet spot is a two thread range.

You said:
"When you say you set the shock with 2 threads of preload, this it with the track elevated and the spring adjuster backed off till the spring has no tension/totally free, then turn the spring adjuster 2 complete revolutions and lock it there. Correct?"

I'm pretty sure RTX comment was directed at me. But anyways, in Old forge this weekend who's here?

Yes.It was directed at you. I did not say to back it off till no tension. I said the sweet spot is a two thread range.

You said:
"When you say you set the shock with 2 threads of preload, this it with the track elevated and the spring adjuster backed off till the spring has no tension/totally free, then turn the spring adjuster 2 complete revolutions and lock it there. Correct?"

Ah yes i see. Thanks for the clarification but it came too late.
I already followed what saleen said.
Oh well i guess i just work on it from how it is now right.

After riding 80 miles with terrible push Cannondale showed up with my new Curve skis. We did not really have the time to install them plus the snow conditions are so poor I hate to break them in on dirt rocks and asphalt.

What he did convince me to do is to open up my rebound on the rear shock and viola! the darn thing steers. I'm sure it will still push in fluff, but its the best this machine has ever steered.

After riding 80 miles with terrible push Cannondale showed up with my new Curve skis. We did not really have the time to install them plus the snow conditions are so poor I hate to break them in on dirt rocks and asphalt.

What he did convince me to do is to open up my rebound on the rear shock and viola! the darn thing steers. I'm sure it will still push in fluff, but its the best this machine has ever steered.

So TD, you made the rebound faster then in the rear to help it steer? Just want to make sure I understand if you made adjustments for faster or slower rebound.

2014 xtx i run bergstrom tripple points. got 3000 miles on set. i'm in north east always ice base turns on a dime.putting new seyton this weekend. i run them on all my sleds. go on site call scott bergstorm he'll set u up. good luck

So TD, you made the rebound faster then in the rear to help it steer? Just want to make sure I understand if you made adjustments for faster or slower rebound.

At Cannondale's direction I opened up the rebound adjuster to make it faster. Not quite fast enough for him yet, but I still have a good ways to go. The difference in steering was incredible. I swore at the Tuners all day and was ready to throw them in the trash. It actually carved pretty well. Not saying they are going to do that in fluff, but they got the job done. If I hadn't already had him bring me Curve's I would probably have postponed ordering them and tried another pair of shapers on the outside first.

At Cannondale's direction I opened up the rebound adjuster to make it faster. Not quite fast enough for him yet, but I still have a good ways to go. The difference in steering was incredible. I swore at the Tuners all day and was ready to throw them in the trash. It actually carved pretty well. Not saying they are going to do that in fluff, but they got the job done. If I hadn't already had him bring me Curve's I would probably have postponed ordering them and tried another pair of shapers on the outside first.

Thanks for the update. You'll love the Curves! I just love mine and how they rail with very light steering.

What did you do for bars and dis you do the leading edge?

I have 6" shapers and the leading edge but did not get the template Not sure why a guy would need a template when simple dimensions should do???

Not sure I want to install the curves until we get a bunch more snow. It got pretty ugly in Oneida and Vilas counties this weekend. I don't plan on riding again this season unless there are better conditions or I'm on a lake.

Back