• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carving your Phazer

zackn291

Expert
I've got a few questions here about carving through some pow whether your in the mountains on your Phazer or your a flat lander like me waiting for that Lake effect dump in early December where you got powder for miles.

I have seen a few people have trouble carving and I to at one time had trouble carving on my Phazer. So I'm wondering what some of you other Phazer enthusiast have done to make carving easier for yourself. What worked for you?

Adjusting limter straps to get the weight off the skis?
Adjust your toe in or out?
Sway bar removel? (pros and cons of sway bar removal in general)

What has worked for you guys?

and for your enjoyment heres a clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPYBUF4DlpE

i can carve with my phazer. i started by taking the sway bar and throwing it in the garbage lol i have never liked them to begin with lol. i did toe the skis in a half inch and i did adjust the limiter strap and i put the lake effect handle bar riser pivot block on it and the sled pretty much just does all the work and lays over on its own. if you have any more questions just pm with them

man this sled is the easiest sled to carve i have ever rode I found you just have to trust in the suspension on this thing and let her go, with lots of power it carves like a dream. In my opinion...

Tbyrd said:
man this sled is the easiest sled to carve i have ever rode I found you just have to trust in the suspension on this thing and let her go, with lots of power it carves like a dream. In my opinion...

The flickable nature of the Phazer is why I still have it and have dealt with it's short comings. This year I will have it where most of us thought it would be out of the box and a bit more. Nothing carves like the mighty Phazer IMO hands down. Other sleds you have to use the throttle to assist in easier carving. X2 on Ruckus point that the tip point is the edge of when it keeps going but that's the fun part.

If you got 5ft of snow just lean to the side and put your shoulder into it.

I bailed twice my first time on the Phazer getting the feel for carving

But when you are in fresh pow, its like falling onto a bed of feathers so just commit and try it!

Flickable sled...YES I am with UP bushman on that. The sled just feels great riding it also why I am ok with its shortcomings.

Start watching some Chris Burandt videos on YouTube. His "wrong foot forward" style is what I tried to get good at least year. It's amazing what you can do with this sled.

The trick he got across is that you are not pinning the throttle, just controlling the spin of the track and forward momentum.

Get on one rail, turn the skis the opposite direction you want to go, and start giving it throttle. Be prepared to catch with your outside foot.

I can only hope we get the snow we had last year to practice this again.

Attachments

• Powder Turns.jpg
    Powder Turns.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 78
How can anyone have trouble boondocking with the Phazer? first thing i did i just leaned to the side and it did all the work.

Removing the sway bar is a most,(no reason at all to have it on) other then that i have done nothing to the sled except betterboards etc. :yam:

Most people who rode mine from a 2T immediately tipped it over. It takes more work than with other brands but definitely doable.

Counter steer and lean. That is all I do on the wifes. Only difference is the tip over point of the phazer. There is a fine line between carving and dumping this machine. Always adjusting the amount of counter steer throughout the carve. Definitely fun in the deep powder.

did you guys not watch the video I posted?

I clearly have no problem carving..

BUT before I went out west to Bc (british columbia for you unfamiliar americans) I had trouble carving and I rode a Summit Xp for 2 days, got the technique down and applied it to the Phazer and I did fine (as seen in the video).

I remember seeing comments on previous post over the 2 yrs or so I've been watching this forum about people having trouble carving the Phazer and same on some youtube videos.

You obviously didn't read your own post. You asked what others have done to assist in carving a phazer and clearly the answer by most is "NOTHING"

Yes I do know what question I asked. Sorry for the confusion. From all the answers I got I was under the impression that people thought I was actually having trouble carving but I was more asking what can I do or anyone do to make it easier, more effortless (for lack of better word). Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Shift weight and counter steer. Any sled will carve when you learn to correctly counter steer. You should not have to put any effort into it.

Back