• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat team recall

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
Now included primary replacement , if it's cracked.

About time- just checked my vin on 21 tcat, mine starts with MT not NT as the recall vin range states.? And my team cracked at 800 mi.

The way I read the notice is it applies to ALL 9000 series (TCats, ZR9000) and some 8000 series sleds with certain serial numbers.
I saved 8 cracked Team clutches off 3 different TCats. I wonder if they will replace them all?!

The way I read the notice is it applies to ALL 9000 series (TCats, ZR9000) and some 8000 series sleds with certain serial numbers.
I saved 8 cracked Team clutches off 3 different TCats. I wonder if they will replace them all?!
They should after all a defective product is exactly that a defective product….

I've got two of them. I expect it to be one per vin.

I bet we get adapts out of this and probably the weak aluminum version instead of the 858 steel spider.

Just FYI For those who haven't seen the actual Cat "recall" notice ....

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 91
My 22' Tcat vin number was in the group. My dealer replaced the clutch at the end of the season. I noticed on the 2025, new cross country sleds, the clutch spider was black in color. I think it was made of steel. Did not get close enough for a better inspection. The replacement clutch on my Tcat was identical to the one they replaced with the exception of the manufacturing date.

I'm getting my clutch replaced under the recall. Handled it yesterday. My dealer said Cat will not be shipping the Teams until mid October but I'm on the list already and claim has been submitted. It's an updated part number but who knows if it will hold up better. FYI I talked to another Maine dealer who had already done three under warranty this summer- says Cat has not requested any ECU readings. So sounds to me like if you're tuned you're probably still going to get one. Might be wise to get on top of this sooner rather than later IMO because perhaps by fall Cat could be more thorough in their claims?? Just saying.

Pretty certain this will eliminate over half of 9000 owners.

Not sure if I pull the tunes off if they can tell. My guess is they will be able to.

Attachments

• PXL_20240828_181558441_copy_2040x1536.jpg
    PXL_20240828_181558441_copy_2040x1536.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20240828_181556018_copy_2040x1536.jpg
    PXL_20240828_181556018_copy_2040x1536.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 32
Pretty certain this will eliminate over half of 9000 owners.

Not sure if I pull the tunes off if they can tell. My guess is they will be able to.
My dealer did not even ask for my sled to be there. They sent my photos with a vin and miles and they're telling me I'm all set. I talked to another dealer who had already done a few this summer and he said Cat never asked for anything regarding ECU readings. So, this has been my experience getting mine handled and the feedback I got from another dealer.

I got my clutch changed before I flashed it. My dealer claims they are strict about coverage based on the bulletin. Time will tell they are really denying warranty or not for people with flashed sleds. Considering the safety issue, I suspect they will replace them regardless. Cat would have to prove the clutch would not fail under normal use with stock HP. I also suspect the cracking issue has nothing to do with HP.

Tunes certainly will not help the issues. More horsepower more stress.. The loads on the clutches is not joke as all belt eaters soon find out.. Companies always look for ways to prevent after sale warranty claims and Cat is no different.. Give them a reason to decline and most will…

I got my clutch changed before I flashed it. My dealer claims they are strict about coverage based on the bulletin. Time will tell they are really denying warranty or not for people with flashed sleds. Considering the safety issue, I suspect they will replace them regardless. Cat would have to prove the clutch would not fail under normal use with stock HP. I also suspect the cracking issue has nothing to do with HP.
Plenty of these clutches failed on box stock 998 sleds, also including 800s and even 600s.

I'm in canada and just sent my s/n off to dealer.he said only recall on mine was that clutch guard.2017 zr9000.

I'm in canada and just sent my s/n off to dealer.he said only recall on mine was that clutch guard.2017 zr9000.
He said update was done,cannot figure that one out as recall was just recent and I bought this sled in Feb of 2023

Back