• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Catch can

REDLINE 1

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 TCAT
I'm gonna try this catch can setup this winter to see how it works along with the BOP rollover valve bypass. Its a cheap catch can I bought off of Amazon and made up a mounting bracket
CATCH CAN.jpeg
CATCH CAN BRACKET 2.jpeg
CATCH CAN BRACKET MOUNTED.jpeg
CATCH CAN  2.jpeg

Added weight, you'll be farther behind...lol :die

Let us know how it works out. I have been eyeballing one of those catch cans for awhile. Mine is a nytro but same idea. Currently I have a alpine catch can on mine

Update on this setup. Only one weekend of riding and there was over 3oz of oil / water crap in my catch can. Out bound line to intake appears dry the the catch can appears to be doing its job

Attachments

• FD0ED6BE-2C37-4D16-871C-8D6C71C510EA.jpeg
    FD0ED6BE-2C37-4D16-871C-8D6C71C510EA.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 301
  • 01186B59-4BA8-47C5-A079-19D86D897E47.jpeg
    01186B59-4BA8-47C5-A079-19D86D897E47.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 258
Nice catch of oil and wather :) All of this would gone into the intercooler and sticking the blow of valve and tubes.

I put one on my 3.5 Ecoboost and i'm surprised how much oil i "catch".
I also been running one in my Sierra since new and it does a great job to keep the oily water from going back into the motor.

Update on this setup. Only one weekend of riding and there was over 3oz of oil / water crap in my catch can. Out bound line to intake appears dry the the catch can appears to be doing its job
Great idea.. looks like the same crap that was in my air box and pouring down my side panel, luckily I notice before it started to go in the intake tubes.
Don’t know why they would put the hose from the roll over valve in the air box on the 2020.

Great idea.. looks like the same crap that was in my air box and pouring down my side panel, luckily I notice before it started to go in the intake tubes.
Don’t know why they would put the hose from the roll over valve in the air box on the 2020.
I believe it’s a emissions thing. Like EPA/ Gov. thing.
That’s a guess

Yup. Cannot just let it drip out on ground. Just like many things on cars. Cannot vent to atmosphere, etc.

Probably easier to just run the rov delete tube and blow the crap out under the sled. Just wanted to see how this would work.

I believe it’s a emissions thing. Like EPA/ Gov. thing.
That’s a guess
Yes you are right, but they shouldn’t of put it in the air box, after only 750km my air box had quite a bit of frozen liquid at the bottom, then when the sled would warm up it would drip down my lower panel guards and eventually or possibly go on the belt/clutches.

Yes you are right, but they shouldn’t of put it in the air box, after only 750km my air box had quite a bit of frozen liquid at the bottom, then when the sled would warm up it would drip down my lower panel guards and eventually or possibly go on the belt/clutches.
I just bypassed the roll over valve. Been dripping that crud out on the ground under my right boot for tons of miles. Only draw back is if you tip the sled on its side. IF mine goes on its side it will be totaled as I do not venture off trail at all.

Back