• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CLUTCHING ANSWER!!!!

Mine is in the belly pan and also on the footwell area. I have the 8dn on it right now. Contemplating on stopping at osp and picking up their adjustment tool or just shimming. I just wanted to know if there's a limit of how many shims are acceptable to use or just shim until belt sits prophet in secondary

You are correct. Some have removed the bolts altogether to get the belt high enough. Side note: that belt dust can bind up your primary clutch and you may need to clean it with soap and water. Our red Viper when new ran 50 miles on a 8jp belt and had to be cleaned.

Bath time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 128
Still curious as to if too many washers stacked to attain acceptable belt drop is an issue or just stack til I get it set right

I've got 2 1mm shims installed on mine with the 8dn belt and the deflection is perfect... You can stack up to a certain point but to much and the 2 sheaves will just get to a point where they physically cannot get any closer

Ok. That's the info I was wanting and I assumed it'd be an issue at a certain point. I think I'm going to get the osp adjuster. I need to go see him soon anyways

Plus you want to keep an eye on the screw ends. They tend to get beat up.
OSP adjuster is just the easier option imo.

I think that after about 3 washers you might as well just take the bolts out. There are to 2 different sizes of washers too if you want to get really precise.

Just buy the OSP secondary adjustment tool and forget about ever having to mess with bolts and washers again. Simple & quick adjustment and it aids in the removal of the belt as well. In the thread on the OSP tool I posted a tip to improve the belt removal functionality of the tool by adding a temporary shim.

Every Viper owner should have this tool IMO!

Back