• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

collet communicators

As ny warrior said thats how they work and the groomer warning beacon is a awesome feature it actually saved 3 of our lives in canada in 99 We were running hard across a field and the snow was coming down and blowing like hell.Well i heard the beeps and was like whats that and then it clicked and at 100 it was like oh poop and i yelled ARRET and when we say that we do it as we slid to a stop and pulled right through the snow we see this groomer within less than 500 ft as far as i thoght we woulda been statistics if we didnt have that it should be a law to have the beacons on groomers everywhere and communicators even though i didnt want 1 when we bought them but they are MANDATORY for safety we dont use them for talking

mack7 said:
are the sno fones the same as the 900 just without the music hookups and such?
Yes the sno fone is the same without all of the features. 900 MGHz and the same range. They just recently made it available with there DMS which is the wireless mich if you have a modular or BV2S helmet you dont have to drill a hole in the face mask

I'd like to resurface this old post.

Anyone with some more up-to-date reports on the New Collet Communicators. I'm specifically looking to understand how the DooFone 2 works (its the same as the Platinum 900 but with a few extra features). Its the one that you use with the BRP BV2S helmet. Specifically:
- are there any challenges/issues with the mic being in the breath box of the BV2S (does it free up, is the wiring in the way)
- how long do the batteries last when listing to music
- can anyone provide any more detail about hard wiring the battery pack into the sled's electrical system (there was an early post that included a link which no longer seems to work)
- when playing music is the sound loud enough to hear while you are riding
- how well does the intercom function work when listing to music - does the music effectively mute to allow speach
- how does the bluetooth technology work in connecting to your cell phone or GPS unit (does it connect automatically and stay connected)

Thanks for your help!!!

Has anyone compare Rock's trailjamz/communicators to these? Seen them at the Novi snow show and would like to pick up a pair from him, bought the HID lights at the show, and delayed this purchase temporally, to get the HID lights for my Apex since the factory lights suck and I always lead the pack on our rides.

Back