• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GAP Flasher Tune Jukebox feature, 2017-11-06

I ordered and received my iPhone holder and wireless charger from Amazon and got it this week Dan. Going to put it either up over the stock gauge or on the center of the bars where you run your Garmin at. Not sure which yet.

I have little $ invested as the holder was like $23 and the wireless charger and charge card for iPhone was $25. The wireless charger is supposed to keep the phone warm too!
Can you post pics or a link for your wireless charger,holder and charge card. Im looking to have the same set up but cant find anything that looks like it will work.
Thanks

I ordered and received my iPhone holder and wireless charger from Amazon and got it this week Dan. Going to put it either up over the stock gauge or on the center of the bars where you run your Garmin at. Not sure which yet.

I have little $ invested as the holder was like $23 and the wireless charger and charge card for iPhone was $25. The wireless charger is supposed to keep the phone warm too!
Keep me posted Mike, you and I are on similar paths for sure! Damn this is gonna be slick.

Can you post pics or a link for your wireless charger,holder and charge card. Im looking to have the same set up but cant find anything that looks like it will work.
Thanks
Im not gonna run mine full time, but wanted a waterproof holder for new iPx, something to keep it safe and solidly mounted....so I got a ram ball, short arm, and Arkon case....Since I have GPS on crash pad, I will mount the ram 1" ball on lower riser and run it in landscape mode. I mocked it up and like it alot, I ran my cat boost gauge in same area and worked well.....I dont need to watch it constantly, just every so often so Im good with location.

I will post up pics in my build thread sometime next week if I get time to install it all....case arrived today and ram mounts arrive tomorrow...

Dan

Thanks

Charger.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017OQHALO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Charge card for the iPhone.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MT6150G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Phone holder.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YGGFOW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll glue the charger right into the holder and run the cord right up into the power outlet on the dash with an adapter.
I bought three of the chargers so I can have one at work and home to charge my phone as well.

This setup will look very close and should work just as well as the much more expensive Trail system version as was mentioned in another post on the forum.

Charger.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017OQHALO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Charge card for the iPhone.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MT6150G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Phone holder.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YGGFOW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll glue the charger right into the holder and run the cord right up into the power outlet on the dash with an adapter.
I bought three of the chargers so I can have one at work and home to charge my phone as well.

This setup will look very close and should work just as well as the much more expensive Trail system version as was mentioned in another post on the forum.
Great work Mike...Just be sure you get correct ARKON enclosure for your phones physical size. I just ordered a new iPhone X and so I ordered the larger ARKON then you posted. Its pretty nice as it arrived here. I also got ram ball mounts and short arm all came today....Here are few pics...I will mount in bottom of riser near base the ram ball with stud(1/4-20 thread) and that is only thing that will stay attached to sled. I ordered a special ram ball to TEE slot that fits ARKON Tee slot. Nice setup and very strong. Im only running mine for testing mostly and not full time, so no worries about all the charging or heat pads for now...but that may change, I like what you found there.

Dan

IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG

Ya, forgot about the different sized phones Dan. I'm running the iPhone 6 so that's the one that fits mine. Good catch.

I'm planning to run mine most all the time hence the charger.

Ya, forgot about the different sized phones Dan. I'm running the iPhone 6 so that's the one that fits mine. Good catch.

I'm planning to run mine most all the time hence the charger.

Yeah I hear ya Mike...and I want to get your real world feedback down the road on the charging stuff.

This mount and case is really high quality stuff. Arkon makes some nice weatherproof cases.

I found it best to go directly to ARKON site and get part numbers for the corresponding case needed for your phones physical size. I think there is roughly 3, some are thicker too for GPS. I believe the one I got will fit from the iPhone "PLUS" size and also is best for the new iPhone X size. The two foam inserts will allow the thickness to be taken up, depending on your phones existing case you use. I run a very thin 'Caudabe' case on my iPhone, so I will likely need the thicker foam insert backer. You should have lots of room for charger ect.

Gonna be cool setup.
Dan

Last edited:
i like the concept i have TD bundle right now with the anti lag but didn’t try it yet . the only thing i don’t like about is the anti lag concept i have to reconnect every time i stop the engine, ir there a way that we don’t have to reconnect every time? thks...
And also asked by ROCKERDAN...

Eventually, we will add more items to the stock gauge. We have many ideas and are always listening to user requests and suggestions. Time-wise, we do not foresee this feature being released in the weeks to come. It’s a matter of months.

Keep in mind that the stock gauge capability will never allow achieving the same results as with a mobile App paired to a Bluetooth device like our Flasher. The good news is that the GAP Flasher already has everything needed to flash and interact with the stock gauge. Any future development will become available as an update delivered by the updater software already used by tuners for remap providing.

For keeping an eye on the boost, AFR and many more, the best method is to fix a mobile device on your sled. Connected to the GAP flasher, it's a very powerful combination. Many devices are compatible ( iOS or Android ), with multiple third party installation options available to fix and protect your device. We have developed and tested a complete solution using an iPad Mini 4. Granted, it's not the cheapest option but we are confident it's the best we can provide and know by experience that it's highly addictive. All of this is of course available right now.

i like the concept i have TD bundle right now with the anti lag but didn’t try it yet . the only thing i don’t like about is the anti lag concept i have to reconnect every time i stop the engine, ir there a way that we don’t have to reconnect every time? thks...

Actually, this is not the case at the current time. The first Anti-Lag version did require reconnecting on the mobile App for each Anti-Lag usage. This was quickly changed last winter. On the current version, once the parameters are set using the mobile App, there’s no need to be connected on the mobile device for normal usage. The GAP Flasher does, however, need to be connected on the vehicle.

For those still using the old method, simply proceed with updating your GAP Flasher to the latest firmware version.

Actually, this is not the case at the current time. The first Anti-Lag version did require reconnecting on the mobile App for each Anti-Lag usage. This was quickly changed last winter. On the current version, once the parameters are set using the mobile App, there’s no need to be connected on the mobile device for normal usage. The GAP Flasher does, however, need to be connected on the vehicle.

For those still using the old method, simply proceed with updating your GAP Flasher to the latest firmware version.
i know good things the setting stays but is there a way that it can be always connected?

so Im assuming velcro the flasher at the anti lag harness location onto the hood...and then whenever you stop remove? and if removed ...only the anti lag feature is missing correct? what is the status on the map switch and trail maps?

Back