• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you own a boosted Yamaha prior to the Sidewinder?

How many Sidewinder owners have owned a boosted Yamaha before?

• Total voters

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
I'm interested in seeing how many Sidewinder owners have owned boosted Yamaha's prior to owning their Sidewinders? If you, have what type of boosted sled and how much horsepower did you have in the past?

I'm interested in seeing how many Sidewinder owners have owned boosted Yamaha's prior to owning their Sidewinders? If you, have what type of boosted sled and how much horsepower did you have in the past?

Hey welcome back! Met you at Leone’s . How’s the 850 treating you? Still got that modded Apex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey welcome back! Met you at Leone’s . How’s the 850 treating you? Still got that modded Apex?

Thank you! Well I loved the handle and ride of the 850, but missed the torque and pull in the mid to higher speeds. Being Leones was my only real local Doo dealer and I would have to travel for service, and the fact that the value of the 850 was dropping like a rock I figured it was the best time to sell it. I've always wanted another Yamaha. With the move to Doo it was to try something lighter and a bit more cush after blowing out my back In an accident on my Nytro. Now I'm back to building a 2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE I found recently. As far as The Apex I had ulmer pull the MPI supercharger setup off and put it basically back to stock, except for cosmetics. Sold the supercharger assembly separate to a member on here. Sold the Apex naturally aspirated to get the most return on the $$
I change sleds like underwear it seems LOL.
I've owned two boosted Apex models, two boosted Nytro models, and a stroked Nytro prior to going this route

This is my first boosted sled and I really love the power. I know many claim the 4 stroke turbo market is small but I would love to see Doo come out with one to compete with the Winder. It probably won't happen because the last three Winters have been crappy and I'm sure it would be very hard to justify a new model.

Long time stalker low level poster. First thanks to all you guys for helping this 'newbie' out. This is my first turbo sled, certainly wont be my last. Completely addicted to the rush. Rode my old viper that I sold to a friend yesterday and it just reaffirmed my love of the 998 turbo engine. Now my only question is which tune to go with, as I find myself chasing the rush and BOOST! Lots of little things but no different from my other motorized hobbies. Part of the fun is wrenching on them and accessorizing them as well.

2005 RX1 LE, Ohlins. MPI Supercharged 6 psi. 196 crank hp. My favorite so far.
2011 APEX XTX. MCX 290. 178 hp at the track. [300+ crank] Rear mount Turbo. Some lag. Still own it. Flawless.

Long time stalker low level poster. First thanks to all you guys for helping this 'newbie' out. This is my first turbo sled, certainly wont be my last. Completely addicted to the rush. Rode my old viper that I sold to a friend yesterday and it just reaffirmed my love of the 998 turbo engine. Now my only question is which tune to go with, as I find myself chasing the rush and BOOST! Lots of little things but no different from my other motorized hobbies. Part of the fun is wrenching on them and accessorizing them as well.
I would ask Rockerdan and Mike Knapp about the tunes. I think they both bought the Hurricane bundle of tunes and they love the results. Lots of info about the tunes and many updates and improvements since last season.

I appreciate that, Rockerdan has been extremely helpful as have all of you. He swung me around from the TD to put Hurricane on my radar. I have read all the posts since the beginning, top notch site for sure.

2015 SR Viper X-TX-SE dealer installed MPI turbo 180hp

Now have a 2017 X-TX-LE Sidewinder

2005 Rs Vector Mountain, Mc Xpress rear turbo, 14 pounds boost , 153x1.25 ripsaw track. Still have this sled. One fast trail machine.

My Sidewinder xtx 137 not quite there yet for speed but I think with a track change it would be comparable. Running TD Powertrail on Sidewinder

Back