• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

disappointed with yamaha & warranty coverage (resolved)

Re: disappointed with yamaha & warranty coverage

RTX said:
What was your buddy doing when the spindle just fell off was it a JRA (just riding along) were are the pictures from the accident site at to back up this post?

I would like to see were that arm was digging in to the snow when it seperated , tell me what the arm end did when the bolt fell out did the spindle go thru the belly pan.

My crew up here has been riding Yamahas for years , we have had them all and NEVER have I heard from anyone face to face about this failure , lets face it its easy to start rumors online , if Yamaha had a issue like this do you think for 1 minute they would not do a recall , think about it 100+ mph sled with the front end falling off.

I will pass this along to someone I know at Yamaha and give them a heads up , and ask about bolts falling out BTW have you or your buddy taken them parts off in the past or are they untouched , beacuse Yamaha has a dye on there bolts and can tell if the bolts were tampered with in the past.

Show us some facts before you throw Yamaha under the bus.

Thank You In Advance

not sure why your getting all pissy with me. i have been a member on this site for years, I have never caused any trouble or posted anything like this before and you come on like your the TY police and start making accusations that im a liar. why would i put my reputation in jeapordy on this site for something that didnt happen to me unless it was true :o|

First off i never said the spindle fell off. Please get your facts straight before you start another supposed rumor.
we were riding off trail at aproximately 30 mph in deep snow.

page 1 post 11 has a link to all the other liars that had this happen to them too

we have some picts but they are not on my phone. they are on my friends phone. when your friends from yamaha contact me i will be happy to give them the picture. they can forward them to you.

if the top bolt falls out of the spindle how the heck could the spindle get past the shock absorber to puncture the belly pan???
the spindle fell out away from the sled but because the lower ball joint is still attached to the spindle the assy is still attached to the sled. i suggest you look at an a-arm suspension if you still cant figure this one out.

just because you have never encountered a failure or heard of a specific failure don't mean it never happened. just this past weekend i hit a wash out and it snapped the schrader valve in half on my mega float. you ever seen that happen?? because you didnt see or hear of it is it also a lie??

i am excited to hear from anyone you may know at yamaha. be it the parts boy at your local dealership or the president of the corporation.
when you have them ready to talk you can contact me at the email address i just pm'd you.
[/quote]

Tryed to help not hinder you had a chance at getting some parts for free but you blew it , I am going to go 10-20 on this post before Tom 86s all of us
Good Luck.

As soon as i read your post i Knew u couldnt and wouldnt help. Have a great day

Was at the 2013 Preview in Green Bay, WI on Thursday and looked at the green, red, and blue sleds that were on display. I do feel that the design of the spindle/a-arm connection on the nytros is sub-par compaired the competion.

I don't think I will be buying a new Nytro until things change. My issues that I had two seasons ago (page 1 post #11) and the fact that others are having similar problems makes me feel that Yamaha is not looking out for their customers best interest!

Royal Blue and RTX you are being warned and advise to stop. Obviously with the forums there is some misunderstanding and neither of you are going to see the others side so why bother keeping it going!!

MrSled said:
Royal Blue and RTX you are being warned and advise to stop. Obviously with the forums there is some misunderstanding and neither of you are going to see the others side so why bother keeping it going!!

sorry MR Sled
I was not trying to make your job here any more difficult then it already is.

RTX said:
forgot to mention he also filed a claim with the cpsc. consumer products safety commission.
They will be investigating at some point and he will be providing them with the multiple pages of links on here stating over 30 people had the same issue. hopefully they can resolve this

Thanks for trying to get this issue fixed! Please let me know if I can help in any way. The president of my local snowmbile club son also had the same problem with his Nytro last year when I had my issue! He is not on TY but I can give you the info via PM if you would like.

When I repaired my subframe after one season, I had the sled all torn apart. After reading about other riders having issues with the bolt rounded out the top of the spindle, I decided to prevent that from happening to me.

I purchase a couple of longer high strength bolts, washers and nuts and fed the bolt through 2 sections of the upper spindle and tightened them with a lock nut on each section. In hindsight, it likely would be better to just mount a spacer between the bridged gap and just use one nut.

I'd fathom I had about 8000km on the sled since and have had zero problems.

Here's a pic of my spindle:

Attachments

• DSCF1428a.JPG
    DSCF1428a.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 105
RTX said:
MrSled said:
RTX said:
welterracer said:
I really dont understand how yamaha determines who they will cover and who they wont cover.. Ive personally had 2 rear shocks replaced at ($1850 each) and my entire exhaust replaced under my YES plan.. Over $5000 in parts..

And ive had friends with minor stuff that was clearly not their faults that couldnt get stuff warrantied

My dealer told me this.. ALWAYS LIE ABOUT THE MILAGE...

I dont think milage should have anything to do with the warranty.. a year is a year..

the last time i had warranty work done it was replacing a cracked oil tank.
i called yamaha first. but i did this because my warranty ran out in october and i found the leak in november. i figured i would have to plead my case to the warranty dept first and get an approval before i wasted my time bringing it to the dealer for a refusal. they covered me under warranty with no problems.
Im thinking next time myself or my friend who rides yamaha has an issue we will call yamaha direct from the trail and get the issue registered with yamaha first. then bring it to the dealer.

Please check your PMs, I have a question?

i replyed to your pm.

I was just informed that Yamaha is working with Woody's Yamaha in Maine and your buddys sled is getting taken care of :Rockon:

Blu2U2 said:
Good news MrSled. I wonder if the CPSC investigation caused Yamaha to act on this???

I dont believe it had to do with anything other then TY, Yamaha and Woodys joint venture.

updated on 3/29/12
please read the first post. updates are highlighted in red

Grimm said:
When I repaired my subframe after one season, I had the sled all torn apart. After reading about other riders having issues with the bolt rounded out the top of the spindle, I decided to prevent that from happening to me.

I purchase a couple of longer high strength bolts, washers and nuts and fed the bolt through 2 sections of the upper spindle and tightened them with a lock nut on each section. In hindsight, it likely would be better to just mount a spacer between the bridged gap and just use one nut.

I'd fathom I had about 8000km on the sled since and have had zero problems.

Here's a pic of my spindle:
I tried this and it still came loose on me last year. i now have hex head bolts thru the ball joint instead of the allen head ones so i can get them tighter and with nyloc nuts in the stock location. seemed to work better this year. 1100 miles and still tight... ball joint is toast but the bolt is tight lol

Back