• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do I need a new track?

Jd2859

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 sidewinder LTX GT
Well got the sled somewhat set up for grass and wanted to test clutching and anti lag looked every thing over after I was done and I guess I had a loose stud what you guys think throw a new stud in or get a new track

Attachments

• 886A4AC8-0DD1-405C-B0D0-A365EE006715.jpeg
    886A4AC8-0DD1-405C-B0D0-A365EE006715.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 4AA75DCD-A0E6-45FF-81C1-BCCAD92468F8.jpeg
    4AA75DCD-A0E6-45FF-81C1-BCCAD92468F8.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 201
  • B23911E8-5DB3-457F-8AE3-F6E2B01A1997.jpeg
    B23911E8-5DB3-457F-8AE3-F6E2B01A1997.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 190

How many miles do you ride? That comes apart up in the UP you got a problem.

Lucky to put on 1200 a season I’m more concerned about doing 1500-2000ft pulls on the lake

IMO I'm not so sure the track isn't damaged around the stud hole as it sure appears there are two rips (circled in red) leading to the stud hole and I would fear putting in another stud will just rip out but this time might cause more damage than just going away. As for the track itself, I wouldn't have a problem running it but just wouldn't put in another stud and leave the hole empty.

Track.JPG

If this is the only issue with the track , I would put in a stud with the largest stud head and backer , and the shortest stud , as short as you can find, so that it has the least amount of pressure from the ground.
Also can put some rubber glue to help it stop from ripping further .

If this is the only issue with the track , I would put in a stud with the largest stud head and backer , and the shortest stud , as short as you can find, so that it has the least amount of pressure from the ground.
Also can put some rubber glue to help it stop from ripping further .
That’s kinda what I was thinking.. I was just gonna order another short trigger stud and pack some type of glue on both sides

IMO I'm not so sure the track isn't damaged around the stud hole as it sure appears there are two rips (circled in red) leading to the stud hole and I would fear putting in another stud will just rip out but this time might cause more damage than just going away. As for the track itself, I wouldn't have a problem running it but just wouldn't put in another stud and leave the hole empty.

View attachment 161387
Good eye. What is going on to left of hole? Is that a lug that’s torn off? If so ditch that track.

What is going on to left of hole? Is that a lug that’s torn off? If so ditch that track.

I believe that is just the top of the lug with some excess rubber flashing (or whatever you would call the leftover rubber from the molding process).

Use vulcanizing cement for the glue and slather it on the backer and under the head, then use a short stud and run it. That doesn't look bad to me at all.
Yea I was planning on getting one that most likely won’t even stick above the lug

Honestly if you're not going to put a stud in that's functional why bother? If you're not going to benefit from traction leave it open. Not like a stud is going to hold it together. I had a couple pro lites rip some windows open on my ripp II and contacted Camso about it and they said not to worry about it. Said run it no problem. Mine had 4600 miles on it.

Yea if that’s flashing on that bar next to it that track is like new yet! Normally that flashing is wore off right away. I would just leave the hole empty,tighten the rest and ride on.

Back