• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DuPont slider change cheat

ATV PRO #11

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Phazer XTX
12k on the dial and this is my second set. Originally I thought I had 10k on them that was incorrect.
Wanted to show how I changed them with skid in and a narrow eye track.
Silicon lube them up.
Pull front locking screws.
Loosen rear wheels up.
I cut a notch in the eye of the track on my last change. Held up with no damage and with 6 more K on the dial I would say it’s safe to do.
Tapped them out with punch just past eye.
Vice grips and give a pull.
Leave other side in the eye while installing the new one. Helps keep the track still while pushing new one in. I lubed inside of new duponts as well as around the eye.
Leave the new one in the eye until you have the other side in and VOLA.
Don’t forget those front locking screws.
NO NEED TO PULL SKID.
Time: 45 mins

Attachments

• DB132466-DB9F-4B88-ADA9-25487E0471AF.jpeg
    DB132466-DB9F-4B88-ADA9-25487E0471AF.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 348FBB1D-3783-40A4-83CE-AA132DABB477.jpeg
    348FBB1D-3783-40A4-83CE-AA132DABB477.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 92CDC531-5675-420F-8B03-6BBE9465F509.jpeg
    92CDC531-5675-420F-8B03-6BBE9465F509.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 120
  • D3277C37-7EBA-40ED-B9B1-23C5125F631E.jpeg
    D3277C37-7EBA-40ED-B9B1-23C5125F631E.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 103

Couple things I noticed here.
Would appreciate feedback please

1) throttle side was 1/8” thinner than my other side. (Same thing last change)

2) fully clipped track and I’m missing 3 clips on the thin side. (Did I run them too long?)

Last time I changed slides...

I tapped them out like 1", jacked up the back end, put it in reverse. Blip, blip, slides off! It was so freaking fast hahaha.

broken track clips just happen on occasion, I wouldnt worry about it. You can get new clips or just ignore it.

Throttle side a bit thinner... rear axle maybe slightly out of alignment? Just a guess. 6000k on a set is great!

12k on the dial and this is my second set. Originally I thought I had 10k on them that was incorrect.
Wanted to show how I changed them with skid in and a narrow eye track.
Silicon lube them up.
Pull front locking screws.
Loosen rear wheels up.
I cut a notch in the eye of the track on my last change. Held up with no damage and with 6 more K on the dial I would say it’s safe to do.
Tapped them out with punch just past eye.
Vice grips and give a pull.
Leave other side in the eye while installing the new one. Helps keep the track still while pushing new one in. I lubed inside of new duponts as well as around the eye.
Leave the new one in the eye until you have the other side in and VOLA.
Don’t forget those front locking screws.
NO NEED TO PULL SKID.
Time: 45 mins

That's exactly how I do it as well.

Thanks guys, I have almost 13k km on my stockers and it will be time soon. Have never done the job before and I much appreciate the clear instructions and encouragement. Good to see you back on the forum ATVPRO#11.

how many miles you getting out of the duponts. I've found on cheap hyfax I can get 2,500 miles and on duponts I get about 4,000. Not sure it's paid back based on price differences for me...

Thanks guys, I have almost 13k km on my stockers. Good to see you back on the forum ATVPRO#11.
13k is outstanding for stockers!!
And thanks YukonMP

how many miles you getting out of the duponts. I've found on cheap hyfax I can get 2,500 miles and on duponts I get about 4,000. Not sure it's paid back based on price differences for me...

I’d say 5-6k, maybe more.
I’m that doh doh out early and put away late. Not the best conditions for carbides and sliders.
Price wise they’ve gone up a lot in two years ago
$81 I paid per DuPont, yesterday $109. Plus taxes at 13%.
Imo the wear n tear on clipped and unclipped tracks is the thing people overlook. I think the benefits outweigh the cost.

I've lost 4 clips on my 144" freeride since installing Duponts, over 5000 miles on the Duponts though. 3 on one side and 1 on the other, plenty of thickness left on the metal though. Your odd wear could come from something not lined up 100% and one side it run slightly tighter to center the track properly. I think, due to the nature of duponts, we tend to run the sleds faster than we would if we smelt melting plastic in mediocre conditions LOL!

I have an incling one side was tighter. Which is odd as I aligned track. Rode 100kms and tightened 1/4turn. Going to have to keep an eye on that. Haven’t aligned yet, to cold to open door of YamaCave last couple days. Brrrr
-40 with -50 windchill currently.
As for burning sliders lol, I haven’t smelt that for awhile come to think of it. In low snow I’ll usually drag a foot at speed or hunt for places to load up track. Try not to go to fast and can always feel the relief/lube when I drag foot.

Clips, taking to couple buddies. Supposedly it’s common. One commented most don’t even realize they’ve lost any.

Back