• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine builders, oil system priming

lakercr said:
TurboJamie said:
lakercr said:
TurboJamie said:
Jim is my personal hero!

Can your hero drive the vette??! :jump:

Sure come finish my damn sled off and shes all yours!

The Apex? It looks almost done man!

Yeah just waiting for the coaters to finish everything, I could have used you as my wrench last season though with all the PL breakdowns I needed a full time mechanic :o|

kinger said:
Dealer Gm said it will need a tear down and inspection and is talking with the service manager on the details of the deal. I will reply back when I hear back.

Next weekend is thanksgiving and I don't think I can break away for a drive to duluth, then my wife would really want to divorce me!! Let me see what they say and I am willing to do anything if I don't like thier response.

Thanks again guys, you all rule!

Good sign that the GM suggested a tear-down. I'd ask them specifically what they intend to check, and how they will determine if any damage has been done. Get this all written down, and then post their response.

kinger said:
Thanks Jim, would much rather have you do it so I know its right, but they are very friendly and want to own up to everything so that is nice.

That's good, I'm glad to hear they want to make it right, and I'm sure they can.

If it doesn't sound right, at least you have options...

kinger - bad news man, hope they will make it right asap. Have lakercr do the rebuild for you if you can.

lakercr - your customer service is second to none even tho kinger is not even your customer on this one. OUTSTANDING :)

It will be better than new buddy! Maybe some low com pistons and hd studs for the turbo you will be putting on down the road!

Skydog

rxrider said:
kinger - bad news man, hope they will make it right asap. Have lakercr do the rebuild for you if you can.

lakercr - your customer service is second to none even tho kinger is not even your customer on this one. OUTSTANDING :)

When you're a young company, sometimes this type of investment pays much more dividend than a magazine ad or similar ever could.

That, and I can imagine how Kinger is feeling right now. I don't mind at all going a few hours out of my way to help a fellow sledder out. I know most everyone on the forum would want to help if they were able. The actual labor itself isn't a big deal. I've done quite a few of these motors, and they're really not that intimidating once you've spent some time with them. Good tools, a clean bench, the proper specs, and a bit of patience will get you 90% of the way there. I've helped a few guys on the forum with the last 10%, and now that they've done it I think they'd agree with the above.

Jim
Hey do you have a website of all the stuff you offer. maxdlx

maxdlx said:
Jim
Hey do you have a website of all the stuff you offer. maxdlx

Working on it. For now, Ulmer Racing has most of our stuff on their site (all of the accesories under the 'turbo' tab our made by BPE). There won't be any change in distribution once the site is up - Ulmer Racing will still be your source for these products. They're great to deal with, just ask anyone who has done business with them already.

www.fjoracing.com has all of the gauges, boost, nitrous and engine management stuff that we carry. I swear this site will be up before Christmas :o|

Talked to the dealer again and they are really really good, the first thing they said was it needs to come apart and be inspected at thier cost. They are covering everything and it will probably be better then when it went in. lakrcr gave me some tips to look for on the rings and I will be doing that. I would love to have lakercr rebuild this bad boy but these guys really want to make it right with me. So thanks again to everyone!!! Hopefully I can make a TY ride this year and thank a few of you in person!

!!

Sounds like they are going to treat you right. What happend should have never happend. They are probably going to bend over backwards to make this right, especially if they know you have been posting this on ty. Almost every sells man I have talked to across the midwest knew about ty and are members. Therefore this could make or break there relationship with several customers.

But once again....that mistake was MAJOR IMO. I hope they take there time when they rebuild.

Also, I dont know if you have watch the weather last night, but our local guy says our first measurable snow fall for Iowa is next week! (thanksgiving!) Get that sled together!

Im with lakercr, once you have done one of these motors, they are pretty simple. And cant wait for a little cash flow to pick up another apex to tear down and build for BIG BOOST and Nitrous! :Rockon:

Back