• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally home...

It was cold this morning! I'm thinking pheasant flying with red leaves in the background then ruttin' bucks. Soon the ducks & geese will be stopping by my area to feed & hopefully feed me. Then lots of snow & 'WINDER TIME!!!!! At that point there will be NO women, over-time or projects that don't involve snowmobiles. I will be on this site even while sleeping annoying everybody that's trying to sleep 'cuz you can't ride while sleeping...waiting for your sled is not as bad as getting it then waiting for snow

It was cold this morning! I'm thinking pheasant flying with red leaves in the background then ruttin' bucks. Soon the ducks & geese will be stopping by my area to feed & hopefully feed me. Then lots of snow & 'WINDER TIME!!!!! At that point there will be NO women, over-time or projects that don't involve snowmobiles. I will be on this site even while sleeping annoying everybody that's trying to sleep 'cuz you can't ride while sleeping...waiting for your sled is not as bad as getting it then waiting for snow

Lmao Steve...your posts are always comedic for sure!! Always get a good laugh!!

Steve is the "Tic" of TY. Guys who know DT know who I mean. LOL

Always good to have someone who can lighten the mood when we all get too serious about our sleds! lol

Yeah they are updated, but still failing some are saying....WTF Yam!

Got my OSP rollers ready here...lol

I put on over a thousand miles on the updated Yamaha rollers with no flat spotting. Took my cat rollers out when the updated ones showed up to try them and see how they lasted. So far good!

I put on over a thousand miles on the updated Yamaha rollers with no flat spotting. Took my cat rollers out when the updated ones showed up to try them and see how they lasted. So far good!
That is great to hear! I was thinking of running the stockers and watching them. I would bet that stockers when used with a Dalton Helix would likely last long time. Probably the rollers were going bad when one or two are not touching stock helix. I want that stock helix and stocks sec spring out day one....lol

Wont be any stock clutching staying in mine really.

MrSled, You mentioned earlier in this thread that you would share your suspension setup with us. Given any thought to this?

How have those igrip stills work out after a season with sidewinder?. I just got my new winder yesterday. I'm gonna stud it somehow. But wanted your opinion on how they lasted

How have those igrip stills work out after a season with sidewinder?. I just got my new winder yesterday. I'm gonna stud it somehow. But wanted your opinion on how they lasted
He answered that a page or so back

0087AE31-2069-45A2-BD89-54852984AD0C.jpeg
Today........

MrSled, You mentioned earlier in this thread that you would share your suspension setup with us. Given any thought to this?

I am running these setting on both my Viper LTX LE and the Sidewinder LTX LE. I also have these set up on my buds Sidewinder and found the sled is WAY lighter feel and handled outstanding with the Curve Skis and Slim Jim Duallys.

Settings for Sidewinder LTX LE:
Front suspension:
springs all the way loose… just tight enough to contain the spring in place with ski’s off the ground
QS3 Compression dampening= 1
Rebound dampening= turn left until it stops, then 8 clicks right (15 clicks is center)

Center/rear spring;
tighten spring until 3/4” of threads show between retainer nut and top of shock
QS3 Compression dampening=1
no rebound on center shock

Rear Shock:
torsion spring = 2
QS3 Compression dampening = 1
Rebound dampening= turn left until it stops, then 8 clicks right
**Remove transfer blocks from the rear and put shaft back in.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this! Gives me a proven starting point.

I'm going Pilot 6.9's and Snowtrackers so I think I'll give it a litte more center spring and let out the limiter straps to the longest position. Did you leave your limiters in the stock position?

You running "big wheels" on the rear axle or stock size? I have added the 4th wheel kit from Yamaha and replaced the transfer blocks & shaft with Racewerx quick adjust. I'm hoping to get the best ride possible and also some transfer when desired (I know many have said to remove the blocks and be done with it... I wanted to try it anyway...).

Thank you for posting this! Gives me a proven starting point.

I'm going Pilot 6.9's and Snowtrackers so I think I'll give it a litte more center spring and let out the limiter straps to the longest position. Did you leave your limiters in the stock position?

You running "big wheels" on the rear axle or stock size? I have added the 4th wheel kit from Yamaha and replaced the transfer blocks & shaft with Racewerx quick adjust. I'm hoping to get the best ride possible and also some transfer when desired (I know many have said to remove the blocks and be done with it... I wanted to try it anyway...).

Left limiter at the stock location. Yes I also have the big wheels in the rear. The Racewerx for me dont help much.. I am with all the others and just pull the blocks.

Back