• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally made it to the game...

TD guide says no sag. Track should not hang off rails when back if sled is lifted.

Sag = too loose. Loose = slower than no sag. Tight track is faster than loose.

Tried the PEFI setting as per their video.
No good. Studs hit tunnel. Good thing I checked it often so i didn't destroy my tunnel.
Sag is no good....

TD guide says no sag. Track should not hang off rails when back if sled is lifted.

Sag = too loose. Loose = slower than no sag. Tight track is faster than loose.
Tried the PEFI setting as per their video.
No good. Studs hit tunnel. Good thing I checked it often so i didn't destroy my tunnel.
Sag is no good....

Wow....I had no idea about this!!

Lastly....checked in master fix list & did a couple searches. Can't find thread with "intake clamp" mod.
Is there a thread with pics "how to"
Making a trip to Harbor Freight & Lowe's to grab everything to make a boost leak tester.

Thanks, Tim

Now I remember why I tried to forget.....@*$&(?!?!)%¢€^

Last edited:
Intake clamps mod.... Trying to remove the charge tube from the turbo. The nipple on the left for the ROV will not allow me to pull straight out. I cannot rotate the tube enough to get it to swing past the steering stem. What gives?
IMG_20221210_115303821_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Intake clamps mod.... Trying to remove the charge tube from the turbo. The nipple on the left for the ROV will not allow me to pull straight out. I cannot rotate the tube enough to get it to swing past the steering stem. What gives?
View attachment 170046

Disconnect the other end and rotate it so that nipple rotated into a more convenient position? What stops it from rotating up? You may need to loosen the seal of the tube from the turbo with a pick. Probably need to unbolt the steering post.

71teKkIk4cL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Last edited:
Steering stem was binding me up. this is going to become a two day job....
IMG_20221210_123215854_copy_2048x1536.jpg

While trying to get to TB clamps I decided to turn around & button it up. I was finally able to get 4mm on them and just gave them a snug. They needed it.
I invested 8hrs trying. Anyway..... The consolation prize is while the injectors were out I was able to check the flow pattern on them and clean them out. It's a GM LS1 based harness that I had laying around....sorry guys
IMG_20221210_165744294_copy_960x720.jpg

Steering stem was binding me up. this is going to become a two day job....
Just remove the two 10mm nuts above at the steering post support. That will allow you enough wiggle room to get the turbo cross-over tube off the turbo inlet flange.

Back