• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Food for thought/ 2023&2024 yamacat

I wished I was in charge. We'd have the Apex back in a NA version and a turbo version in a Cat chassis designed for the Apex, with a Yamaha driveline including the chain case! The cushioned & underdriven output shaft is what made for good belt life along with the Hi-RPM Swiss watch four-cylinder, there is nothing better. SO MUCH better than the clutch on the crankshaft Yamaha three cylinder engines, I don't care if the three-cylinder is lighter, the four-cylinder is far superior that the three-cylinders in every way.

If only the Apex was in a different or good chassis, they would sell like crazy. If I was in charge, the NA engine would be 200HP and the turbo SRX/Thundercat version would be 280HP all stock with a warranty! Would be the best sled ever to come out a factory bar none
The Japanese engineers have been long known for copying a good idea and making it even better. Ask anyone in the Paper industry from the past. During open house of new paper machines in the past, no cameras where allowed because of what they were known to do during open house type celebrations. So yes, to look at what has been already developed and found to be super reliable and fast, etc, would be what they have done best with many industries and motor sports vehicles!

So why have they been stagnant with sleds and new designs, and instead just turn it over to Cat?

Who in their right mind would want to be the guinea pig for a new cat chassis?

And I don't care if it has Cat clutches. I've come to terms with the fact that my Sidewinder is a blue Arctic Cat. You know what? The two in our fleet out handle, out ride, and have had less issues and down time then the Apex sleds they replaced.

I'd buy one two years after it came out.

And I don't care if it has Cat clutches. I've come to terms with the fact that my Sidewinder is a blue Arctic Cat. You know what? The two in our fleet out handle, out ride, and have had less issues and down time then the Apex sleds they replaced.

Given that I'm out of my mind, I'd love to be that guinea pig.
Bring it.

The Winder is a driveline redesign away from me being happy and comfortable owning one. Replace the cheesy fasteners throughout with quality hardware like the Japan built sleds had and I’d be more than happy to own one long term.

yamaha is done in sleds they are just going to put BNG on cats sleds and charge a bigger price an we a Yamaha are going to pay it so we can say we got a Yamaha. they are done in the sled business face it no R&D.

yamaha is done in sleds they are just going to put BNG on cats sleds and charge a bigger price an we a Yamaha are going to pay it so we can say we got a Yamaha. they are done in the sled business face it no R&D.
The cat turbo sleds are all higher priced than the yamaha variants....

Well, what goes around, comes around.
I remember taking my 1970 AC Panther and putting a Yamaha 433 motor that came out of a Roll-O-Flex. Thus I made a Yamacat in the early 70’s. Fast forward to 2017 and I bought a Yamacat this time!

I wished I was in charge. We'd have the Apex back in a NA version and a turbo version in a Cat chassis designed for the Apex, with a Yamaha driveline including the chain case! The cushioned & underdriven output shaft is what made for good belt life along with the Hi-RPM Swiss watch four-cylinder, there is nothing better. SO MUCH better than the clutch on the crankshaft Yamaha three cylinder engines, I don't care if the three-cylinder is lighter, the four-cylinder is far superior that the three-cylinders in every way.

If only the Apex was in a different or good chassis, they would sell like crazy. If I was in charge, the NA engine would be 200HP and the turbo SRX/Thundercat version would be 280HP all stock with a warranty! Would be the best sled ever to come out a factory bar none.
They shocked the system in 2017....time to do it again!!

didn't they get rid of their R&D department.

I kinda feel yamaha's time is limited in the snowmobiz.

That statement has been said for the last 10-12 years and they are still in it.. Just NOT what everyone wants..
They are barely in it. Mostly selling rebadged Arctic Cats is hardly innovative. Now Textron/Cat is being treated like the Chinese/Tiawanese manufacturer of cheap youth quads and dirt bikes. Ski-Doo is sourcing their 120/200 from Textron.

Today's youth stand while they ride, so they really don't need a new suspension, hell they don't even need a seat. LaLaLa

Back