• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Food for thought/ 2023&2024 yamacat

Today's youth stand while they ride, so they really don't need a new suspension, hell they don't even need a seat. LaLaLa
i resemble that remark some days ;)

I stand at times when trail super rough, however they never sit down. Maybe the shovel in the backpack does not allow them to sit.

i know that the fxr back pack with the shovel in it hits on my saddle bags when i try to ride with it on.

Who in their right mind would want to be the guinea pig for a new cat chassis?

And I don't care if it has Cat clutches. I've come to terms with the fact that my Sidewinder is a blue Arctic Cat. You know what? The two in our fleet out handle, out ride, and have had less issues and down time then the Apex sleds they replaced.

I'd buy one two years after it came out.
The Apex, as good as it was and what it was designed for is a15 years old design with the exception of bolt on items. Almost any sled made since 2012 handled and rode better than the Apex, Its not about if the Winder is better than the apex, it’s about Yamaha’s lack of involvement in sled development.

Yamaha not clear what they are offering in 2023 , AC on again off again on 7000. I wonder if Textron will invite Yamaha along for the ride when they do release a new chassis in 2024? Textron has been treating Yamaha as blacksheep with manufacturing schedule regarding 2022 build. Makes me think about the future how important is Yamaha to Textron?

Idk if I’m a business making sleds for another brand and units keep dropping each year and I’m about to introduce a new chassis I would have to stop and think what’s best for me? I can buy engines from Yamaha sell exact models to Yamaha customer base that has been shrinking and deflecting to other brands for years. 2022 due to supply chain issues Yamaha units were directly affected and reduced AC units late but fulfilled. We all know someday Yamaha will be done new chassis maybe the perfect time for Textron to say NO bye bye. Food for thought!

I would imagine it's not a decision by either, per se, but more related to what is in the actual agreement between the two companies, and how long that agreement is good for? (I don't know the answer to any of that :)).

For example, possibly Yamaha might have right of first refusal for a new chassis, but Textron might have to offer it to Yamaha if they want it - or maybe there is some sort of agreed-upon-ahead-of-time cost to move to the new chassis for Yamaha.

Maybe an insider on this site might know?

Idk if I’m a business making sleds for another brand and units keep dropping each year and I’m about to introduce a new chassis I would have to stop and think what’s best for me? I can buy engines from Yamaha sell exact models to Yamaha customer base that has been shrinking and deflecting to other brands for years. 2022 due to supply chain issues Yamaha units were directly affected and reduced AC units late but fulfilled. We all know someday Yamaha will be done new chassis maybe the perfect time for Textron to say NO bye bye. Food for thought!
I guess I was thinking of it as Yamaha being a engine supplier. That's really all they are at this point.. God bad or indifferent Yamaha supplies engines and clutches nothing else really? Decals/BNG (which have been great IMO).. So if Yamaha does not supply engines Cat has zero 4 strokes?
You can run a 8000 that has terrible fuel map (stock), overheats without scratchers or has clutch weights that are far to light? 6000 engine is good maybe there only shining star? What else do they have for engines? The brand is so watered down to nothing I don't think they even survive without Yamaha? Sorry But to me Yamaha is the only shot in the arm that may have saved them?

I guess I was thinking of it as Yamaha being a engine supplier. That's really all they are at this point.. God bad or indifferent Yamaha supplies engines and clutches nothing else really? Decals/BNG (which have been great IMO).. So if Yamaha does not supply engines Cat has zero 4 strokes?
You can run a 8000 that has terrible fuel map (stock), overheats without scratchers or has clutch weights that are far to light? 6000 engine is good maybe there only shining star? What else do they have for engines? The brand is so watered down to nothing I don't think they even survive without Yamaha? Sorry But to me Yamaha is the only shot in the arm that may have saved them?
I think the other way to look at it is how much Textron gets for manufacturing the Yamaha-versions of the sleds. I think someone on here posted that they manufacture 10x more Yamaha sleds than AC? That ratio is nothing to sneeze at (if true) in terms of additional revenue for Textron.

If that partner is selling more sleds for you than you sell for yourself, you absolutely do not shoot yourself in the foot. Yamaha isn't selling sleds for AC as an engine manufacturer, they are doing so as a recognized brand.

I think this year's shortage had a lot to do with Yamaha engines.

Cat has used Kawasaki, Susuki and now Yamaha!

Yamaha has never used any other besides their own motors.

So for Cat to get away from Yamaha motors, would just follow their history, don’t you think?

Back