• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Food for thought/ 2023&2024 yamacat

Cat has used Kawasaki, Susuki and now Yamaha!

Yamaha has never used any other besides their own motors.

So for Cat to get away from Yamaha motors, would just follow their history, don’t you think?
Except the market is a lot more mature now, and unlike the past where Cat already had a stable following, these days they need brand association to keep going. Yamaha needs Cat to stay in the game unless they are going to shock everyone with a new sled. Yamaha is still the best financed of all of them so its their market to give away.

So for Cat to get away from Yamaha motors, would just follow their history, don’t you think?
I don't believe Cat was building sleds for those engine makers at the time .
I can't believe that Yamaha is making 10 X's or even any times more sleds than Cat . I will believe it when I see it .
Maybe 10 X's the number of 998 powered sleds , that might be possible .
If Cat were to break even financially on their own sled sales , then the Yamaha is the gravy !!!!
That's a pretty important partner , I would say .

I think the other way to look at it is how much Textron gets for manufacturing the Yamaha-versions of the sleds. I think someone on here posted that they manufacture 10x more Yamaha sleds than AC? That ratio is nothing to sneeze at (if true) in terms of additional revenue for Textron.
That was me, and it was a Cat dealer in Timmins that told me.
The Winder in all its variations outsells the 9000/T-Cat's 10-1

If there’s going to be a break it would happen when a new chassis is introduced. AC offers 1 model 9000 the TCat while all kinds of Yamaha SW variations. AC could easily produce those variations under the AC brand just rename them with color and new BNG. I would think Yamaha would be happy to just supply engines to AC after all that’s their core business. Interesting the 7000 AC was offered for 2023 and then pulled. I’m wondering why I thought the orange was sharp.

If there’s going to be a break it would happen when a new chassis is introduced. AC offers 1 model 9000 the TCat while all kinds of Yamaha SW variations. AC could easily produce those variations under the AC brand just rename them with color and new BNG. I would think Yamaha would be happy to just supply engines to AC after all that’s their core business. Interesting the 7000 AC was offered for 2023 and then pulled. I’m wondering why I thought the orange was sharp.
Agree that Cat could sell more if they'd offer more variations.
Don't agree about Yamaha just selling them engines. Even though we know these are about 60% Cat, the YAMAHA branding draws crowds still, that turn into sales.

Totally agree. Yamaha offers 10x more variations than Cat and has ever since the 998 came out.

I highly doubt you’ll see a new chassis until supply chain issues sort themselves out. All brands have reduced their numbers for 23.

I highly doubt you’ll see a new chassis until supply chain issues sort themselves out. All brands have reduced their numbers for 23.

Reduced total numbers and reduced choices withing the lines they are carrying. How would you like your Model T, black on black or black with black trim.

I can't believe that Yamaha is making 10 X's or even any times more sleds than Cat . I will believe it when I see it .
If Cat were to break even financially on their own sled sales , then the Yamaha is the gravy !!!!
Totally agree, there is no way Yamaha sells more sleds than Cat. If that were true, how the F does Cat expect it’s dealers to survive? I’ve read they’ve lost a lot of Cat dealers over the past few years. But I’ve never read or seen anything that Yamaha was not firmly in 4th place in sales, just like they’ve been for the past decade or so.

Speaking of suzuki they are partners on the new yamaha electric snowmobile patents

Agree that Cat could sell more if they'd offer more variations.
Don't agree about Yamaha just selling them engines. Even though we know these are about 60% Cat, the YAMAHA branding draws crowds still, that turn into sales.

Speaking of suzuki they are partners on the new yamaha electric snowmobile patents

Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki are all partners for electric vehicle innovation/standardization. Yamaha and Suzuki are headquartered in the same town, Honda and Kawasaki are based in the same district in Tokyo. This leads to a lot of corporate connectivity at all business levels (c-suite to engineering). The Japanese are very good at creating business partnerships (a Keiretsu) towards a common goal while their internal corporate discipline allows them to diverge in execution. You would be surprised how often these fierce external corporate rivalries are built on behind the scenes internal partnerships.

Yamaha uses cats 800 in their mountain max.
It would be nice if Yamaha have cat some pointers on how to make an engine reliable.

Oh Textron has Weber so they may look at them to build a turbo 4 stroke and kick Yamaha to the curb but I would hazard a guess a lot would just switch to Doo or poo.

If Yamaha built cat a 880 twin 2 stroke turbo it would be on top of the world...electric sled are 10 years out

Back