• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Forgot just what a blast these Winders are!

Ok let’s here how good the skidoo is ?

Damn you likely passed right in form of my cottage! Unfortunately it isn't winterized :'( I need to work to that next summer!

Trails there look nice!

Just testing my transfer rod mod now, don't really want to post it up till I know its safe and lasts. LOL

Sure makes for alot of fun on my trail system. Not sure if a 137 would work same or not.

Dan

Nice truck Dan I have the same set up but built my own ramp for truck including side mount tool boxs glad you had a good time, mine is a2017 LTX SE with 270 tune just short of 6000 miles,

I agree Dan these 998 are a blast!! I have 140km on my 19 with sm tunes and I am already looking at upgrading to hurricanes aftermarket muffler tunes
..lol

Nice truck Dan I have the same set up but built my own ramp for truck including side mount tool boxs glad you had a good time, mine is a2017 LTX SE with 270 tune just short of 6000 miles,

I bring all my rig up here to my winter place via my enclosed trailer which is great. And for my entire life this area has always been known as the snow belt, and always feet and feet deep snow. Well with this new climate, it seems the last 10 yrs it just keeps getting warmer, with less snow and more rain. The thaws are more frequent now, where we used to get ONE thaw per winter, now its every 2 or 3 weeks we melt. grrr....

Digging out my trailer off my very steep 'mountainside' road, is not a safe thing to try once snow is down on our UN-maintained STEEP road...As a kid with old junk equipment, I had jackknifed my share of trailers here,lol.

Since it seems there is often DEEP snow just a tad north of us, and not to mention Quebec super-highway trails are only 2 hrs north of me, it just made sense to start doing more runs north, rather then losing weekends to climate change. My one riding bud got some Alum ramps 2 seasons ago, and I watched how easy he would load/unload. But they are not cheap. So I kept eyes open and this summer saw some pop up online for $149 bucks! Typically most of these are $400 or so. Well, i jumped on that price for sure. Was alittle nervous first time as they are super lightweight, and lets face it our Winders are not light! LOL.

With the added center run plastic protectors(Caliber) for my studs, I can just walk it up at engagement speeds, cant spin or fall off..,has tie straps from ramp to hitch on truck. Glides under skis, works perfect. I slapped down some OSB plywood on bed and doesn't hurt truck at all. Only thing sucks is putting cover on sled. I have not needed to own a sled cover for like 20 yrs..LOL. But not installing cover makes for dirty sled, so it's worth the few minutes to slap it on.

All in all my goal was met, Much better MPG in truck vs. pulling trailer. Near double! Trailer sucks the fuel in wind for sure. And easier to park, no worry of trailer getting stolen. Not bad for $149 bucks!

Dan

Dan,

Does your Dodge have the 6' box or the short box that comes with a crew cab?

I just built a wooden ramp for my RTX(which is up north) and I have been curios to see how much it hangs out the back of my truck. By the looks of your photos, not much!

Dan,

Does your Dodge have the 6' box or the short box that comes with a crew cab?

I just built a wooden ramp for my RTX(which is up north) and I have been curios to see how much it hangs out the back of my truck. By the looks of your photos, not much!
Quad cab/ 6ft box combo. My sled is a 129 too, so its a tad shorter.

For that first test I moved sled track over to the right, so I could fit my ramps flat under sled. Sled come back a tad due to the angle. Since then I made up a small shelf over left wheel well, that will hold my ramps vertically during trips, this allows me to keep sled in center, and not need to lift track/move it over. Also can slip my tonneau cover there between ramps and sled. Works pretty good.

I think with the shorter 5.5'' beds that come with most crew cabs, the sled surely hangs out further but does still work.

Dan

Thanks Dan. I have access to a truck with a GMC with a 6' box and a F-150 with a 5.5' as well. I'll probably use the 6'.

I have the exact ramp for my truck as well, very handy. F150, 6.5' bed. From taking ramp out of garage, unfold, strap it on, go back up to garage pull sled onto truck, unfold ramp, strap everything down...5mins or so, ready to go.

I have a Dodge quad cab about 6'4" and I leave the gate down and made a 8' plywood bed with ski slides and a ramp set up that I can slide under the truck plywood. I just put runners under bed plywood so I can put ramps in I have a 137" track and all is good!

Very depressing that even in Canada to find cold and good snow you have to travel north. Central Wisconsin the last 5 years has been horrible for riding. Still praying for a turnaround.

I bring all my rig up here to my winter place via my enclosed trailer which is great. And for my entire life this area has always been known as the snow belt, and always feet and feet deep snow. Well with this new climate, it seems the last 10 yrs it just keeps getting warmer, with less snow and more rain. The thaws are more frequent now, where we used to get ONE thaw per winter, now its every 2 or 3 weeks we melt. grrr....

Digging out my trailer off my very steep 'mountainside' road, is not a safe thing to try once snow is down on our UN-maintained STEEP road...As a kid with old junk equipment, I had jackknifed my share of trailers here,lol.

Since it seems there is often DEEP snow just a tad north of us, and not to mention Quebec super-highway trails are only 2 hrs north of me, it just made sense to start doing more runs north, rather then losing weekends to climate change. My one riding bud got some Alum ramps 2 seasons ago, and I watched how easy he would load/unload. But they are not cheap. So I kept eyes open and this summer saw some pop up online for $149 bucks! Typically most of these are $400 or so. Well, i jumped on that price for sure. Was alittle nervous first time as they are super lightweight, and lets face it our Winders are not light! LOL.

With the added center run plastic protectors(Caliber) for my studs, I can just walk it up at engagement speeds, cant spin or fall off..,has tie straps from ramp to hitch on truck. Glides under skis, works perfect. I slapped down some OSB plywood on bed and doesn't hurt truck at all. Only thing sucks is putting cover on sled. I have not needed to own a sled cover for like 20 yrs..LOL. But not installing cover makes for dirty sled, so it's worth the few minutes to slap it on.

All in all my goal was met, Much better MPG in truck vs. pulling trailer. Near double! Trailer sucks the fuel in wind for sure. And easier to park, no worry of trailer getting stolen. Not bad for $149 bucks!

Dan

Back