• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Forgot just what a blast these Winders are!

There is about a foot more snow just north of my place, and I have been itching to get out on the trail. My lake is safe now as I checked it here yesterday, but we need more snow locally here for our trail system before they will be able to work them. Great base here but just north of here the rain we got last time round was all snow. The trail guide showed a section of trails open('green') in South River/Sundridge which is only 40 mins or so north of me, So Dano and I decided to head up for the afternoon.

I wanted to try my new ramps for the short jaunt and leave the trailer home. I was very surprised how well these alum ramps work with the heavy Winder. Simply put, drive on/off with ease. Makes for easy quick getaway.

With all the work on these sleds, and all posts about clutching, Bearings, belt life, and ON and ON, I just left all that behind the instant I squeezed the trigger today. My god these sleds are friggin awesome! Funny that i reset my default map to 240, and ran that early on and was just blown away after a long offseason. The new "transfer mod" has made my sled transfer like my 1200 did, I know its not for many here but for every knoll I came upon, this makes for incredible giggle factor! This sled launches hard off them now, even moreso with the wicked transfer. More to come on that.

Later I had to hit the flash to pass button up to 270, and totally forgot how SICK this 998 animal can be on trail. The instant spool at even just slight press of the flipper is exhilarating! The "music to my ears" BOV feedback through the CAI is addicting! I guess i just forgot how damn sick these sleds really are.

So all the "bad DNA" and worry of so many things, was instantly gone with that blast today. Swapped a few times with Dano and he felt the big power(from his 600r) and loved it. Those little doos sure are fun in the rougher stuff, the steering is so light! Gotta watch for that ski lift though, the Winder is dead nuts planted!

So far so good with belt, only 110kms or so today as the trails are barely opening, but all went well without a blow. The trails were groomed to a TEE around this area today, so it was well worth the drive. Hoping our trail system gets opening this week, and our lakes are pretty much all safe now.

I figured we just all need some good news, and just to remind the guys that havent gotten out yet, how damn fun these sleds are!

Dan

View attachment 144345

View attachment 144352

View attachment 144353

View attachment 144354

View attachment 144346

View attachment 144360

View attachment 144342

View attachment 144343

View attachment 144344

View attachment 144347

View attachment 144348

View attachment 144349

View attachment 144350

View attachment 144351

Lake Bernard-Sundridge
View attachment 144357

View attachment 144358

View attachment 144359
Geesh I see a rag on the running board must have got some snow dust on the sled.lol your as bad as me!!

Geesh I see a rag on the running board must have got some snow dust on the sled.lol your as bad as me!!
LOL....actually that was just a rag I wrap around my AXE for checking ice thickness.....so i can let axe onto running board when I ride out onto lake.

But yeah OCD is bad here. haha

3D22D4AF-FB5A-4C0B-9622-81E094EC307A.jpeg Well I had my first experience with this new hurricane bundle. All I can say is it’s a new sled all over again. I thank Dave and his crew at Hurricane he was right. It runs like a beast can’t wait to use 290 hp on ice 2-3” snow covered Approximately 2000’ 202 kms on gps.
I know you can’t post unless you have proof.
RockerDan my setup is like yours minus the helix 41/35. And thanks for advice to you and Yamamarc to run Hurricane. Now let the games begin lol.

Agreed Dan. Even though I must have spent 200 man hours on this sled in the off season (lol), it was well worth the effort. Even the 240R tune after not being on the sled for close to a year feels mental.

Hey Dan. are there many areas to launch from in Baysville? Been up to Kearny last few week-ends, looking for someplace closer to home for next week

And another awesome day today in Northern-most Muskoka.....Sprucedale,Kearney,Sand Lake,Sundridge, Burks Falls. This turbo is just such a blast, giggle factor with the increased transfer is off the charts!

Dan

IMG_3918.jpg
IMG_3919.jpg
IMG_3920.jpg
IMG_3921.jpg
IMG_3923.jpg
IMG_3925.jpg
IMG_3927.jpg
IMG_3928.jpg
IMG_3934.jpg
IMG_3935.jpg
IMG_3936.jpg
IMG_3937.jpg
IMG_3938.jpg
IMG_3939.jpg
IMG_3942.jpg
IMG_3943.jpg
IMG_3944.jpg
IMG_3947.jpg
IMG_3948.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dan. are there many areas to launch from in Baysville? Been up to Kearny last few week-ends, looking for someplace closer to home for next week
Yeah it was Jammed at gas station, so we unloaded down where trail crosses bridge, right behind pub. Lots of spots. Baysville 'express' was mint!

Dan

And another awesome day today in Northern-most Muskoka.....Sprucedale,Kearney,Sand Lake,Sundridge, Burks Falls. This turbo is just such a blast, giggle factor with the increased transfer is off the charts!

Dan

And to think you are hinting at changing rides :)

And to think you are hinting at changing rides :)
Anyone that's addicted to hp won't be switching brands anytime soon .... that's because Yamaha is the only current company that can put out the current hp to cc lvls on 4 strokes some what reliable. Even with the problems of the Arctic cat chassis.

I just Edited in all the pics from both Saturdays ride and todays ride....above.

Dan
Wow Dan I launched from Sundridge at ~845am rode East accross Bernard to D trail and did a loop up Powassan and back down through Eagle Lake. I would advise not to to that loop until they groom . .... Was 80% awful and full of moguls. But the 20% in green in my pic was great.

Basically I brought a souped up corvette to a dirt bike track lol still nice to be out riding!

I should have went down towards that area instead!

Screenshot_20190113-190408_Go Snowmobiling Ontario 2018-2019!.jpg

Last edited:

Back