• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel rail return kit problems help please

I have a Powederlites kit on my Nytro.
A/F numbers are good .
running around 47 lbs fuel pressure

My original kit had the fuel going from the pump to a T. One side going to the fuel rail and one side to the regulator then dumping back into the tank.

I just installed a fuel rail return kit. So now I just have the fuel going from the pump to the rail, out the otherside of the rail to the regulator then dumping back into the tank.

Once I installed the fuel rail return kit my fuel pressure jumped to 60 lbs without any other changes. The sled would run off the scale lean at WOT. I turned the pressure back to 47 lbs, but of course it still runs very lean at WOT.

Am I missing something here, why would simply replumbing the fuel line cause my pressure to jump from 47 to 60 and also cause a lean condition at WOT. My buddy, with the same kit, had the same issue with the pressure jumping to 60 lbs from the same fuel rail return change. He didnt have a chance to go WOT yet but I'd assume he will have the same lean condition.

I'd appresciate any help or ideas.

Thanx

For starters you have something confused... A higher fuel pressure pushes more fuel out the injector nozzle for a richer condition, not leaner.
Lower fuel pressure = leaner.
Better review what you did and what is going on again. Make sure your fuel pressure isn't actually dropping off at WOT.

Thanx for the ideas
I am aware more fuel is rich and less fuel is lean
I am just explaining what I observed

Guess I was wondering if anyone else with a similar regulator to the
Powderlites reg had similar issues after doing a rail return kit

Fuel Rail

Did you do this to help solve the fuel boil issue? I had the same issue with my sled until I took it to Dave at Hurricane Perormance. He installed a T on my fuel rail and I havent had a problem since. Might want to give him a shout.

Yes
trying to solve fuel boil issue,
I put in an OFT vent up top but thought I'd give the rail return kit a try as well.

Return system

What did you find? I just installed a hurricane return system on my sled. Haven't run it yet other then idling in the shop. My fuel pressure stayed right where it was when I brought it in.

Back