• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Full Season Review of Camso Storm 150 Track on SideWinder's

FYI
Running these large lug, unstudded tracks on trails should be illegal. It ruins the trails blowing snow off the corners way into the woods. A much safer alternative is a 1.25”~ 1.5” track with studs to prevent excessive track spin on the trail. If your off trail some, then the 1.5 will get it done. If your getting stuck with a 1.5” off trail buy another machine suited for that purpose.

I’ve seen it first hand so it’s not worth arguing. Stop ruining the trails riding big lug, unstudied tracks on the trail system.

This doesn’t go for you 1nc, you ride in the UP where you get so much snow it doesn’t matter. I’m talking trails in wisconsin and areas that don’t get +200” a year. Down here they are snowblowers and 5 sleds like yours can easily throw off every inch of snow into the woods.

Thanks CM

FYI
Running these large lug, unstudded tracks on trails should be illegal. It ruins the trails blowing snow off the corners way into the woods. A much safer alternative is a 1.25”~ 1.5” track with studs to prevent excessive track spin on the trail. If your off trail some, then the 1.5 will get it done. If your getting stuck with a 1.5” off trail buy another machine suited for that purpose.

I’ve seen it first hand so it’s not worth arguing. Stop ruining the trails riding big lug, unstudied tracks on the trail system.

This doesn’t go for you 1nc, you ride in the UP where you get so much snow it doesn’t matter. I’m talking trails in wisconsin and areas that don’t get +200” a year. Down here they are snowblowers and 5 sleds like yours can easily throw off every inch of snow into the woods.

Thanks CM
A big X2..
I see it all the time in Ontario and Quebec, last year in Quebec I was leading our group when we caught up to 2 sidewinder xtx’s going about 60 kph and they were destroying the trail beyond belief. I actually had to drop back because of the snow chunks coming off there sleds, looked like a slinger truck throwing ice/snow chunks around.

Look what showed up the other day!

33723.jpeg
33726.jpeg

Look how wide the windows are.
Clipped every window with side clip every third window.
It doesn't have a direction marked on it but I would assume the cupped lungs would be on the forward side.

It doesn't have a direction marked on it but I would assume the cupped lungs would be on the forward side.

That's odd that your new track doesn't have and rotational direction arrows on it. :dunno:

Check the first page of this thread. There's a few pictures of the Storm 150 track on my sled that should help you out. ;)!

For you tuned guys who have ran both the 1.25” Ripsaw II track and the 150 Storm, what are your thoughts? Which do you prefer? Why?

Put an ice storm on a friends 129. Lugs are coming off. Have had no issues with the rip 2/ice attack. Some guys are noticing a slight vibration with the storm also.

I have been running the Storm 1.5 2 ply for a couple thousand km's now fully studded 4 per row down the middle and am happy with its traction over the stock track.
I have lost one lug but I think that was due to some rather large sharp large exposed rocks early in the season.
I have Dupont sliders as well and they seem to be holding up fine. I haven't noticed very much increase over the stock track in vibration and with the shorter side lugs it still seems to corner well. I don't think this track will last as long as a Rip saw 2 but it does perform better traction wise.

If you are running a stock sled I believe the Storm is a great option. I liked it on my stock Sidewinder tune. If you tune it over 200 hp, like I did, Then it does not take the abuse. At least mine did not......

I am running 1.625 studs on a storm 150.
144 studs down the middle.
With track adjusted with 1/2" sag with off ground the studs are starting to scratch the tunnel and luvers. Not running tunnel protectors over the coolant tubes. I do have tunnel protectors over the rear heat exchanger and no issues there.
Time to install the full length STM tunnel protectors. Track looks like new after one season on it.
How tight are you guys running this track?

Per TD 998 Performance Guide:
(https://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce.com/td-performance-guide-for-998-turbo-snowmobiles/)
- Make sure you have a tight track (must not hang at all when lifted off ground, must be hard to push off the front bogey wheel). It is highly preferable to have a 4 wheel kit upgrade to maintain reliable track tension especially when running high power and or fast speed. Running a loose track will rob lots of top speed (as track baloons from centrifugal forces). Also loose track can cause ratchening of track drivers which will damage them and or the track. Radar running require a VERY tight track as high speed cause expansion.

Any new reviews of the ICE STORM from anyone

the ice storm is a single ply track and should never used on a sidewinder or t cat, they balloon sooo much like the cobra did, the 2 ply is the way to go and add your triggers or TiTanium studs.

Back