• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand warmer options

phazerdrew

Extreme
Ive looked around and see the YAMAHEATER which seems great but the price is steep, im not knocking the guy ive read all the posts on how great it is but i just dont have the cash for that. that being said what are my other options to have warm hands without spending alot of money

I've tried a lot of different options, gantlets $45.00, handguards $65.00 + extensions $13.00, all kinds of gloves, mitts w/Gortex, nylon, leather etc...and ended up with FROZEN finger tips the last 2 seasons anyways...this year I forked out the cash and went with YAMAHEATER'S its unbeleivable how HOTTT!!! they get...

YAM have a so called revised hand warmer kit this year...I wouldn't waste anytime or money on them, the ECU is just not producing enough JUICE to warm them up...ask SANTA CLAUS for YAMAHEATHER'S maybe you'll get lucky!!!

Good luck ;)!

thanks bud but at 24 santa doesnt exist anymore for me haha... Any one tried using aftermarket heaters not wired into the stock controls, I can live with a code if the end result is warm hands

Be careful if you go that way not to FRY your ECU our MAGNETO, then its going to cost you a lot more $$$$...

phazerdrew said:
Ive looked around and see the YAMAHEATER which seems great but the price is steep, im not knocking the guy ive read all the posts on how great it is but i just dont have the cash for that. that being said what are my other options to have warm hands without spending alot of money
Gauntlets would be the cheapest option.

I just started riding but my Phazer would burn my hands and thumb if left on high. Have I just got a set that are working/have there been problems w/the stock units?

Mine work great also.I ride 90% of time with just under armor gloves thin ones.There is a issue but not with all of them.

jthomp said:
I just started riding but my Phazer would burn my hands and thumb if left on high. Have I just got a set that are working/have there been problems w/the stock units?

My understanding from reading Rock's thread is that if the factory manufacturing tolerances line up in your favor, the warmers work good. Some of them obviously don't or Rock wouldn't be making money.

Had the same problem-cold grips and the device is within specs. Tried a few things but in the end, spent the money for Rock's kit. Also with the kit, you can call him anytime and he will walk you thru any issues. My 2 cents

Back